• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Huge fan of Winks. Wish him well and can't wait to see him come back stronger and even more determined. Between him and Kane, Spurs will never lack for leadership on the pitch in years to come.

Shame to see Harry out for the rest of the season. However only himself to blame dangled a leg at a half hearted attempt at a tackle. Basic school boy stuff if your going to tackle, tackle properly or you'll hurt your self.

Shame to see Harry out for the rest of the season. However only himself to blame dangled a leg at a half hearted attempt at a tackle. Basic school boy stuff if your going to tackle, tackle properly or you'll hurt your self.
Yeah, what a terrible thing to do. I say we fine him his wages for when he's injured and make him pay for his own medical expenses, then make him train with the youth team until his contract expires. fudging amateur.

Tough, hopefully he recovers by end of season. If he's injured in pre-season, the club will probably have to buy cover and he'll be have to start over a bit.

6 weeks if its the first time he's done it (like Kane earlier in the season)
3-4 weeks if he's done that one before (like Kane now)
I can see where you are coming from, but they were very different incidents. Kane's was putting a lot of weight on the ankle with the foot bent at the wrong angle, a real stretch.
Winks was more of an impact where his ankle hit against a knee; not a twist, not weight on it, just a hit. I wonder if you can snap/rupture a ligament somehow with an impact against a knee, anyone know?

Such a shame for him and the club. We are going to miss him in the run-in - which demonstrates the extent to which he has already carved out an important role for himself in this break-through season.
I bet he'd have relished playing a part in the NLD too.

I can see where you are coming from, but they were very different incidents. Kane's was putting a lot of weight on the ankle with the foot bent at the wrong angle, a real stretch.
Winks was more of an impact where his ankle hit against a knee; not a twist, not weight on it, just a hit. I wonder if you can snap/rupture a ligament somehow with an impact against a knee, anyone know?

There's minimal difference between a grade 1 and a grade 2. And it wasn't a grade 3 (which generally needs an x-ray to confirm it isn't a break).

What he did was very strange, but might he have been reacting to the ligament damage rather than waving his foot at the opponent?. It was unlike any ttemptedtackle/interception I've seen, and he is by all accounts a very competent player. Everything from that moment was favouring that foot - well before the ice box challenge. Had we a camera angle from that side we might have seen the pain - certainly the Burnley bench saw/heard? something bad.

Such a shame for him - and a blow for us. But injuries is a part of it all, and we have to cope with it.

Hopefully he'll be fit and ready for pre season. I'm sure he'll be back even better next season.

I'm not claiming otherwise here as I have no medical knowledge.... but how does that work?

The ligament is tight to start with. The first damage to it is traumatic. Afterwards it is looser. It's a bit more liable to go again after that, but there's more give in it, so subsequent damage isn't ever as bad.

In some ways its like how secondary childbirths are easier than the first one

The ligament is tight to start with. The first damage to it is traumatic. Afterwards it is looser. It's a bit more liable to go again after that, but there's more give in it, so subsequent damage isn't ever as bad.

But also more likely to happen?

76454957.jpg

Not fully convinced of Winks. But too bad about his injury. I think he was careless to get a long term injury like that. At least now Sissoko will get more chance to prove his worth before getting sold next season.

Back