• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Somewhat average against Gent. Quite a bit better than most of of our players on the night in other words.

Hope he gets more starts in the upcoming weeks.

Thought he was our best player by far in the first half last night but did not seem to be suited too all of the changes in positions after half time. Hope he starts again on Sunday.

Was very good against Fulham too, a few goals will do him wonders

Sent from my iPad using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Got caught in possession a few times - that sort of thing is dangerous against better sides. But, apart from that, was reasonably good - distributed it well (I keep saying this, but it's honestly the most prominent facet of his game at present) and hustled a lot without being *overly* influential.

Wow, I came online to read the overflowing praise for yet another brilliant performance from Winks, and there is nothing!

I thought he was very good today, just passes it neatly to the front 3, receives it in tight situations, very intelligent, very aware, good technique.

A couple of times he did that Modric thing where his first touch just wrongfoots the opponent, passes it into a little pocket of space and runs onto it. Looks so easy when done well, but most can never do it.

It was a breath of fresh air to see our midfield get it and give it to the front 3 within 1 second, rather than 5 seconds, makes all the difference (Dembele!)

First time today where he didnt do the safe option most of the time.

Getting better with the game time he's getting and the bonus for him is he isn't like our other CM 's, can bring a different skill set.

He was outstanding today, that was the best game I have seen him play. He was all over the midfield. We have excellent competition in the defensive midfield position. Should be able to rotate nicely depending on the type of opposition we are facing.

He's a young man who makes the right decision on the ball practically every time. It sounds a simple thing but it is a rare trait, especially in someone so inexperienced.

The new contract was worth every penny (how much was it?)

This guys is pushing for a place now. Hasn't ha a bad game yet and the best passer we have. Playing players like him, Eriksen, Lamela and Alli together means we won't struggle to break sides down imo.
Would definitely start him v Gent and start Dembele v Stoke.

Back