• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/27/harry-winks-spurs-tottenham

“The music that they play at White Hart Lane before you walk out is just ....” the 20-year-old Tottenham Hotspur midfielder says, before he tails off. “I absolutely love it. I think it’s from Star Wars. Me and my dad, when we used to stand in the crowd as fans – we used to get hairs sticking up on our necks listening to it. Being in the tunnel now, about to walk out to it, it’s still the same feeling. I can’t really describe it. It’s amazing. It really is.”

“The manager called me in,” Winks says.”I was just about to get into the shower and I had my towel on. He was there with all the coaches and they were having a glass of wine. He said: ‘Well done,’ and he gave me a cuddle.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jan/27/harry-winks-spurs-tottenham

“The music that they play at White Hart Lane before you walk out is just ....” the 20-year-old Tottenham Hotspur midfielder says, before he tails off. “I absolutely love it. I think it’s from Star Wars. Me and my dad, when we used to stand in the crowd as fans – we used to get hairs sticking up on our necks listening to it. Being in the tunnel now, about to walk out to it, it’s still the same feeling. I can’t really describe it. It’s amazing. It really is.”

“The manager called me in,” Winks says.”I was just about to get into the shower and I had my towel on. He was there with all the coaches and they were having a glass of wine. He said: ‘Well done,’ and he gave me a cuddle.

Lovely stuff.

“I’ll be honest, last summer was very stressful,” Winks says. “Because you’re 20 years old and you’ve only played three times and never started, and you can see other boys who are playing regularly in the Premier League or the Championship. I got told I wasn’t allowed to go on loan, which was a good thing but, at the same time, I just wanted to play matches. So do I annoy the manager and try to push for a loan or was I just to keep working hard and trust him?”

Winks did the latter although, in truth, there was no decision to make. Pochettino has long had a plan for him and all Winks has ever wanted to do is play for Tottenham. He reported for pre-season training in top condition and he made it his mission to leave nothing on the training pitch.

Pochettino’s pre-season regime is unforgiving and Winks sheds light on something called the Gacon test, which is named after Professor Georges Gacon, who was, among other things, the fitness coach at Paris St-Germain, for whom Pochettino once played. It is an intermittent beep-style test, with a period of running followed by a rest and the running distance increasing incrementally.

“It’s an absolute killer,” Winks says. Yet he was one of the last men standing. “I really pushed myself to the limit,” he continues. “And the one thing the manager loves is fitness and that mental side.”​

If I ever see poch etc all at a wine bar I'm going to buy a towel straight away .... would love a cuddle
I know I'll get slated for this but Trump is President so we might not have long to live. Poch's behaviour is Whinger like. Giving cuddles to sweaty, athletic, lithe, muscular 20 year olds in towels while drinking wine. What is the world coming to. I hope Trump doesn't blow up the world just before we win the league this year, that would be S pursy

I know I'll get slated for this but Trump is President so we might not have long to live. Poch's behaviour is Whinger like. Giving cuddles to sweaty, athletic, lithe, muscular 20 year olds in towels while drinking wine. What is the world coming to. I hope Trump doesn't blow up the world just before we win the league this year, that would be S pursy

Have you mis-posted? Doesn't GG have a Glory hole sub forum somewhere?

That would be so fcuking typical wouldn't it, we win the league and before we get to lift the trophy the nutter sets off the nukes.

Back