• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

My favourite part of the match was midway through the first half, Winks visibly and angrily telling Dele where he should be on the pitch. BTW Winks had a great game aswell
Dele was better than Winks on Sunday IMO. I thought either Dele or Aurier was our MotM.

i also thought that Winks did alright overall though, although his who scored stats rating was really low.

Worse player on the pitch for us tonight.
I thought that was definitely Vorm and that Bergwijn and Dele also played worse than Winks. I actually don't think our players individually did that badly yesterday. The problem was the tactics more than the players. When the players abandoned Jose's cautious tactics after about 80 minutes we actually played with verve and pace.

Allegedly creative. Might focus him on doing those things.

Can’t tackle either so DM isn’t blowing me away as a good fit.

This is the problem with Winks as a player. He doesn't do any one thing to a top class level.

Then his supporting abilities aren't strong enough to allow him true versatility. He isn't particularly quick, first instinct is to play safe passes and he can't tackle for brick. He has no presence on the field.

Unfortunately he's a West Ham or Villa level player that we're trying to utilitise as the base for a team with CL level ambitions.

This is the problem with Winks as a player. He doesn't do any one thing to a top class level.

Then his supporting abilities aren't strong enough to allow him true versatility. He isn't particularly quick, first instinct is to play safe passes and he can't tackle for brick. He has no presence on the field.

Unfortunately he's a West Ham or Villa level player that we're trying to utilitise as the base for a team with CL level ambitions.
In fairness, once Gedson and Ndombele are playing to their potential, that should be the double pivot anyway (I want GLC at number 10). Skipp will surpass Winks very soon as well.

That said, Winks is a home grown Tottenham lad and if we don’t keep a proportion of that profile of player, we do lose something.

He’s absolutely fine to keep in the squad and will play a role across a season. Oh, and he’s also the best English central midfielder, but that’s just funny.

We seem to be complacent about us bringing through youth team players. Winks, Skip, Tanganga we are still producing talent which isn’t easy when playing CL.

Winks can play very well. He can run the midfield. But he can’t do it week in and out. At the moment he’s a perfect squad player.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Wow, I'm surprised at the harsher criticism in here. Winks played a massive number of games this year, trying to hold things together whilst others were getting acclimatised or walking about or wondering what the formation was.

He ain't Pele, but he's pretty bloody good most of the time. He's not "blood and thunder" sliding into challenges and posting karate videos online, but he's pretty bloody good in there.

Mind you, plenty on here don't rate James Milner (just look at what he has achieved and how much his managers/teammates love him) and likewise Jordan Henderson (who was out of the Pool team and their form collapsed)

Vid of a few of our players at home messing about alongside some fans doing different challenges and whatnot.

Winks kicks a tea bag in to a mug, and then consequently adds milk to said mug.

That's pretty clear gross misconduct IMO, and from a PR / socmed perspective it's hugely disappointing to see such a flawed approach to tea making forwarded on to the general public with little regard for proper decorum.

Vid of a few of our players at home messing about alongside some fans doing different challenges and whatnot.

Winks kicks a tea bag in to a mug, and then consequently adds milk to said mug.

That's pretty clear gross misconduct IMO, and from a PR / socmed perspective it's hugely disappointing to see such a flawed approach to tea making forwarded on to the general public with little regard for proper decorum.
It looked like a tinkley cup of milk at best
He has had pelters for it from other players as it’s simply not tea just dipping it in for a few secs

It looked like a tinkley cup of milk at best
He has had pelters for it from other players as it’s simply not tea just dipping it in for a few secs

Milk and teabag should never be anywhere near each other. A teabag is a huge compromise in the first place so if you're going to stoop down to that level out of convenience at least do it with a vague hint of common sense - Near boiling water is needed to steep tea + Milk lowers temperature of water = Never the thwain shalll meet.

Before anyone steps in, I'm aware I'm a massive tea snob but also that I am 100% correct. The amount of mini lectures I had to give at my old office, b'ham tea making methods are on par with their accents.

Milk and teabag should never be anywhere near each other. A teabag is a huge compromise in the first place so if you're going to stoop down to that level out of convenience at least do it with a vague hint of common sense - Near boiling water is needed to steep tea + Milk lowers temperature of water = Never the thwain shalll meet.

Before anyone steps in, I'm aware I'm a massive tea snob but also that I am 400% correct. The amount of mini lectures I had to give at my old office, b'ham tea making methods are on par with their accents.
Quite. I think all this "milk in first" nonsense dates back to 18th century porcelain teacups, which were of lower quality and tended to crack if you poured hot water straight into them.

Last edited:
Back