• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

I think Lo Celso and Winks are excellent in a midfield 3. We do need that additional body that can sit in just behind them to shore things up. That would mean just 3 men up front which would be Son, Kane, Alli. Problem with that only Son can run at pace. Alli and Kane are more of anticipation and movement off ball.

I've been as critical of Winks as any but I think he was good today. Defensively pretty good and even passed the ball forward dangerously on a few occasions. I do feel his performances are improving and he's not constantly playing safe all the time.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

I've been as critical of Winks as any but I think he was good today. Defensively pretty good and even passed the ball forward dangerously on a few occasions. I do feel his performances are improving and he's not constantly playing safe all the time.

Ndombele did more than him with one pass. Utter passenger, no invention and several turnovers.

Fair enough he got Zinchenko sent off, but that's the only positive from a 90 minute performance. Nowhere near good enough.

DOG. brick.
Thought this was sarcasm at first... Second post makes that less likely I suppose.

Several key defensive moments in that first half whilst being tidy on the ball and almost sending Son through one on one. Was a key player for us today.
Ndombele did more than him with one pass. Utter passenger, no invention and several turnovers.

Fair enough he got Zinchenko sent off, but that's the only positive from a 90 minute performance. Nowhere near good enough.
You do realize that Ndombele took Alli's position, when playing against a ten Emirates Marketing Project chasing the game? Not at all a dig at Ndombele, but you do realize the difference in position and role they played, right?

Wow
They didn’t even play in the same position
The spacegoat has changed

winks was brilliant

even the city fans we spoke to at the station said so

one said he was miles better than Gungodan

Well Ndombele is a significantly better player who should also be starting I won't disagree but Winks was good today and as I said I've been very critical of him previously @Bedfordspurs will testify. I give credit and criticism where it's due and if a player improves I'll be fair there also and I think he has. His passing was a lot better, it wasn't always backwards, he still plays safe which is a result of the position he's been playing but today he played a number of taking passes. He is improving, let's just hope he keeps that up and doesn't regress.

I thought he did well enough today. I think our CMs job was made so much harder today but Dele in the no 10 position being awful, partly because of the Sterling incident. If you have a functioning player in that no 10 role showing for the ball then Winks has an outlet when he gets it. We could do with a back-up to Dele, or maybe play Ndombele or GLC there at times (thought I think they're better deeper). We have 4 players for wide roles in Son, Bergwijn, Moura and Lamela (plus Sessegnon and Clarke) but no-one who can naturally cover Dele

upload_2020-2-2_21-37-34.png
The above chart was generated by a United fan to identify the midfielder they need to help them progress play

the best form our league is Winks

people mona because he isn’t a DM... most teams don’t play with an old school DM anymore as the game has changed

winks today was excellent and looks very good along with his partner Lo Celso

bring in Tangey for the line break runs and that’s a bloody good midfield

Grew into the game, passing range has oddly deteriorated as his ability to beat a man has
Improved

I don’t want to go down the road of an upmarket Mark Noble but his passion is something we want to encompass as our ability to improve the squad grows.

Back