• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Oh, well there you go, if you saw him do it once then he must do it every time because it’s always that black and white.
He actually took the ball from Alderweireld and Sanchez numerous times and turned with it. I thought he was way better than a standard Dier performance in this respect. If you watch any player in any team they will occasionally give it straight back to the player who has passed it to them if they receive it with their back to goal. Winks isn’t particularly bad at this. It is after makin the turn that he is limited as he is neither a particularly creative passer or a good dribbler.

This constant player x,y or z is only not very good because he’s not playing with better CMs is nonsense. Hear exactly the same excuses for Dier. Funny how NDombele came in and instantly looked a cut above, good players will stand out and drag the levels of the not so good players up. Winks hasn’t been good enough for some time, same with Dier. Any player who needs better players next to them in order to look good really isn’t all that....

I feel you've somewhat missed my point and built a strawman argument off the back of it.

Interesting anyway that you are so dissmissive of the idea that surrounding players have the ability to impact anothers performances.

Last edited:
He actually took the ball from Alderweireld and Sanchez numerous times and turned with it. I thought he was way better than a standard Dier performance in this respect. If you watch any player in any team they will occasionally give it straight back to the player who has passed it to them if they receive it with their back to goal. Winks isn’t particularly bad at this. It is after makin the turn that he is limited as he is neither a particularly creative passer or a good dribbler.

low bar ...

Oh, well there you go, if you saw him do it once then he must do it every time because it’s always that black and white.

That they all do it was my point. And what made me laugh so much was the urgent, "Quick, gimme, gimme" that preceded it.

He has not pushed on since he made his first games but the way our M/F has struggled over the last 12 months or so MAY have something to do with that, once Jose has time to REALLY spend time with the players on the training pitch we may see the structure get better.

Where i do worry about him though is the way he throws himself into tackles, he/we need to stop that or he is never going to be on the pitch much.

He has not pushed on since he made his first games but the way our M/F has struggled over the last 12 months or so MAY have something to do with that, once Jose has time to REALLY spend time with the players on the training pitch we may see the structure get better.

Where i do worry about him though is the way he throws himself into tackles, he/we need to stop that or he is never going to be on the pitch much.
I would add to that, his aggression after any tackles that don't go his way.
He acts like a 13 year old (or just someone from Hemel)
Just a home counties version of Mark Noble for me

Linked with City and Utd today via The Athletic... must need to bolster their British player quota or something.

Was disappointed with him again vs Middlesborough, though I recognise no-one played that well so maybe it's not a fair game to judge him on.

Am starting to worry though that he's not going to fulfill the potential that he seemingly had 3 years ago :( Don't know if it's injuries, being played too deep, or suffering from the general malaise around the club. Prove me wrong Winksy!

I thought he was decent today, at least in the first half when we dominated. More positive in his passing and hit one superb pass in behind Watford's defence for Son's chance.

Back