• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Everything said going left and he slotted to the right. Could teach a few others a thing or too at Spurs. Nicely taken Harry :)

I know it’s against poor opposition but I hope this has helped him get some rhythm and confidence back. Since the freak injury he has come back with the pace to go past people but a more conservative passing style than I remember. I think he’ll benefit from playing with Ndombele if he can put a run of games together too.

Not sure Montenegro and Kosovo are fair tests of form... I'll wait and see how he goes in his next EPL game. Form has been sorely missing this season.

Fair point but he has had a lot of injurys with needed surgery over the last year or so and is just getting full fitness back.

Looks like he is getting his game back together, from the first time i saw him he looked a player and i still think he will be.
I liked him when I first saw him - but that was in a more forward role. Maybe that is where he needs to be, cute little passes in and around the box, rather than further back where he seems stiffled and ineffective to me.

I liked him when I first saw him - but that was in a more forward role. Maybe that is where he needs to be, cute little passes in and around the box, rather than further back where he seems stiffled and ineffective to me.

I agree, i said earlier in the thread he has been asked to play deeper this season and its not his best position ( imo).

I agree, i said earlier in the thread he has been asked to play deeper this season and its not his best position ( imo).
I've said for a while he seems suited to Spain. I have just realised why - I think he is a like those Spanish players that play in between MF and Strikers that can play the cute little pass to set the striker up or set up the flair player to do their thing but can recycle possession from higher up the pitch if things close up.
A bit like Lamela does.
Sadly I do think he'll get stuck at CM and then just be an average jack of all trades

I've said for a while he seems suited to Spain. I have just realised why - I think he is a like those Spanish players that play in between MF and Strikers that can play the cute little pass to set the striker up or set up the flair player to do their thing but can recycle possession from higher up the pitch if things close up.
A bit like Lamela does.
Sadly I do think he'll get stuck at CM and then just be an average jack of all trades

Lets hope not as it would be a waste, the guy is a natural player.

I think it is entirely about positioning, he is not a good DM. His direct competition should really be Ndombele rather than Wanyama.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

A bit like Lamela does.

Interesting observation, and yes Spain has those type of players by the dozen it seems. Real has had quite a progression of them through their academy over last few years, unfortunately most of them don't make it at very top level.

Was fudging awful against Brighton

- Passed backwards, instructed others to pass backwards
- Has picked up a really frustrating habit of touch the ball multiple times before releasing a pass, a few times today I counted and he actually did small touches in place of the ball 5 fudging times before passing
- He doesn't seem to work in the CM pair and his lack of urgency suggests he won't work higher up.

Shown up badly by a want out Eriksen and an adapting to PL Lo Celso

I really want to like this guy but for me he currently doesn't get the ball forward quickly enough. When he does we rip through teams, when he doesn’t we just seem so pedestrian. We seem more pedestrian than not whn he plays.

I know its not all his fault but his position is so important in terms of the tempo we play - I want him to just move the ball quicker and show us how good he can be.

Back