• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Glad to see someone giving him credit.

I thought Winksie had one of his best games ever for us. Would like to see his pass map, it seemed he was spraying quick and intelligent forward passes all game. Like he's been reading GG and decided to show us what's what! :D

Interestingly enough on at least a couple of occasions he had no other option BUT to pass either sideways or backwards because that was when he was the furthest forward.

I thought Winksie had one of his best games ever for us. Would like to see his pass map, it seemed he was spraying quick and intelligent forward passes all game. Like he's been reading GG and decided to show us what's what! :D

Interestingly enough on at least a couple of occasions he had no other option BUT to pass either sideways or backwards because that was when he was the furthest forward.

He seems to be a big game player and raises his game vs the better sides when possible (city away was a mare for all the players)

FWIW...

2E1EDA65-8478-47A1-A1DA-1EBD6422A97A.png E450A733-2D87-4046-8A91-71560BEEB68C.png

Correct, we might as well take him off and bring a big guy on up front.....oh hang on!

images

Winks has the most successful passes in the PL so far this season for a midfileder, 36 more so than 2nd so must be doing something right - clearly he keeps things ticking over.

And our very own Sissoko has the 9th most successful passes by a midfielder, not bad for someone who apparently cant pass....

Winks has the most successful passes in the PL so far this season for a midfileder, 36 more so than 2nd so must be doing something right - clearly he keeps things ticking over.

And our very own Sissoko has the 9th most successful passes by a midfielder, not bad for someone who apparently cant pass....

What hurt sissoko on Sunday was the amount of covering he has to do on the right

Didn’t struggle vs pool in Madrid

Hasn’t played them much

I’d argue he struggles when massively outnumbered in midfield with no other technical player alongside him
Real Madrid are hardly a high pressing side...

They bank on their quality outdoing their opponents and as has been seen other than in the CL their lack of intensity has been their undoing.

Successful passes are not neccesairly good passes through. A few fewer successful passes and more adventurous passes would do him a lot of good.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Fapatalk

Real Madrid are hardly a high pressing side...

They bank on their quality outdoing their opponents and as has been seen other than in the CL their lack of intensity has been their undoing.
Successful passes are not neccesairly good passes through. A few fewer successful passes and more adventurous passes would do him a lot of good.

I don't think Madrid played in that games versus Pool in madrid:D

Not if they arent successful they wont be:D....
I'll take fewer successful passes if we get some more adventurous and in consequence dangerous passes. Side to side can only get us so far.

I'll take fewer successful passes if we get some more adventurous and in consequence dangerous passes. Side to side can only get us so far.

So you mean Lamela - the guy who many on here constantly complain gives the ball away because he actually tries to pierce defences with more adventurous passes rather than playing it safe all the time. We need both, those who can keep possesssion and those who penetrate defences....

So you mean Lamela - the guy who many on here constantly complain gives the ball away because he actually tries to pierce defences with more adventurous passes rather than playing it safe all the time. We need both, those who can keep possesssion and those who penetrate defences....

Or just sign Messi :D

Well no, lamela holds on to the ball for to long and his passes are either over or under hit or just he's just taken too long to make the pass. I don't think Lamela is an adventurous passer at all. He has vision yes, passing between the lines? He rarely does it.

What I'm talking about is Winks playing early passes that progress the team forward a little more often rather than the sideways pass to Sissoko that is just going to end up coming back to him.

I don't even think that is a controversial idea [emoji2379] It is a criticism but with criticism you improve, Do you just want him to get 100% pass completion by just passing sideways to Sissoko and the CBs constantly?

Back