• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Redknapp playing down Title chances

The fact he keeps saying, when interviewed, that top 4 is his goal this season is infuriating enough for me personally. However, the point of this thread isnt to moan its to ask: Do you think, behind closed doors, he IS telling the players we CAN win it but just playing it down in the media?

Of course he is telling the lads we can do it.

Gallas came out and told the squad they could do it before the everton game i think. Harry seemed happy with that.

I think publically he is doing all he can to manage expectation and taking the pressure off of the players.

Watching the team it is clear they are enjoying their football, and have genuine belief they can take the points from every game we play - as well as the will to see it through.

I would imagine behind closed doors Redknapp has them buzzing at a title challenge

I think publically he is doing all he can to manage expectation and taking the pressure off of the players.

Watching the team it is clear they are enjoying their football, and have genuine belief they can take the points from every game we play - as well as the will to see it through.

I would imagine behind closed doors Redknapp has them buzzing at a title challenge

i hope he doesnt personally. taking it a game by game and enjoying yourself philosophy might be better for young players unaccustomed to this type of thing. obviously you cant help but see that the title challenge is there but i dont know how the players would react to getting points for the title as opposed to just getting points...if you know what i mean? (i dont think i explained myself well)

It's about managing the media, and Redknapp does that very well

- We have been in the title race for a while now, but managed to keep under the radar, which is good, less pressure.
- A win today and/or against City will put the spotlight on us, so Redknapp is trying to deflect some of that.
- He knows, the one issue we really have on the run in is the fact that as a team, we haven't had that experience in decades (advantage Manure has).

I dont follow.

Esentially Im saying in public he is trying to cool expectations to take the pressure off, but when you see the players playing as they are its clear he has a very different agenda in private with them

I dont follow.

Esentially Im saying in public he is trying to cool expectations to take the pressure off, but when you see the players playing as they are its clear he has a very different agenda in private with them

i know that's what you're saying. i'm just hoping thats not what he is doing. as in i'm hoping that he's not putting title winning pressure on the players in private.

its too soon (although once in a life time opportunity) to be telling a tottenham team in the period of our recent growth that if you drop points you could be damaging your title chances.

you know what, i think its more a reflection on my character than the players to be honest. i would assume that confidence players like bale, lennon and modders would be adversely affected by the thought that they could be throwing away an amazing opportunity with each mistake......but in truth they are probably relishing in it

plus we have players now that are strong mentally in our dressing room. and that kind of thing is contagious so who knows.

you have to ask yourself though, why teams feel the need to keep saying that another team is going to win the league and that they themselves are not in the title race. its almost like they know how pressure and expectations directly correlate to points gained and lossed

I thin kits only right to point out the world of Spurs as we perceive it from the outside is most certainly nothing like the world of Spurs as it actually is.

I would certainly hope Redknapp isnt putting pressure on the players, but all the same think he will be using it to boost them

I wonder what he'll say if we're 6 points behind the lottery winners and level with United with 4 games left. Just as an example.

I dont get this "Your players havent got the know-how to win it" or "Ar**nal will get top 4 cos theyve been there done that" Its rubbish imo. The players are all professionals and we are, in theory, capable of winning every match until the end of the season. Its a lazy comeback especially from the Ar**nal fans"

I think there is definitely an advantage to having experience in the ranks of going the distance, but its not essential.

Gallas, Adebayor, VDV, Parker (in the championship) all have this experience.

As well as the likes of Bale and Modric stepping up to higher levels, its a nice combination

He's also been stressing that City are the favourites by miles due to how ridiculous their spending has been. He's almost saying to them 'if we come above you, you're an utter joke', I never knew Harry liked his mind games so much!

Its bloody good to be back!

Former England captain Alan Shearer on Spurs' title bid on Football Focus: "Tottenham are fantastic to watch and they have a chance of winning the league. They have become everyone's second team because of the way they play football. But they now face a different pressure as people expect them to win. Can they handle it? We'll have to see."

It is only in the last week that the media consensus has gone from 'Spurs will bottle it eventually' to 'this lot are serious contenders'.

Now we have a tossfest on our side, will it distract us or propel us to glory?

I think that this Spurs team has a lot more bottle than that of previous seasons. They're going to need it looking at the next 6 away games!

First things first though, 3 points today please!

COYS!!!

It will be interesting to see how you do, we were in a similar situation a few years ago under Sir Bobby but we had some key players get injured towards the end of the season and faded away, with 12 games to go we were top.

No doubt it will be a big challenge to even be close to top spot at the end of the season. We will have needed luck, focus and form from the players in order to be up there at end of season.

I do think we can do it but long way to go.

It think we will finish in the top 3 and some how will manage to say this season was a failure as we didnt win the title even though at the start of the season would have given anything to finish top 3.

The fact he keeps saying, when interviewed, that top 4 is his goal this season is infuriating enough for me personally. However, the point of this thread isnt to moan its to ask: Do you think, behind closed doors, he IS telling the players we CAN win it but just playing it down in the media?

It's good management, he is trying to take pressure off our team and put it on the teams that are also in the chase.

Back