• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

He is playing in a different role.
I think that has been a major factor.
If you gave him three games with a three of Son Alli and Eriksen behind him, he'd fly. I think sometimes we look too far for the "problems"...
I really think some overrate Son, I don’t think he’s one of our best three AMs. He’s capable of the brilliant but all too often is very average....

I really think some overrate Son, I don’t think he’s one of our best three AMs. He’s capable of the brilliant but all too often is very average....

But the way son plays suits us

The key today was we played 4-2-3-1 with moura wide and we looked miles better in that system (not because miura was moved just the set up works better)

Harry looked a lot better today imo, he got shots away, looked a touch quicker and was switching play with his passing like he does when he's playing well. More to come from the great man.

But the way son plays suits us

The key today was we played 4-2-3-1 with moura wide and we looked miles better in that system (not because miura was moved just the set up works better)
I like us in 4-2-3-1, but Brighton is along with Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Fulham one of the worst teams we've faced this season (the other two were also wins). I don't think too much can be said on the system based on this game. But then again I didn't think we were particularly impressive today.

I like us in 4-2-3-1, but Brighton is along with Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Fulham one of the worst teams we've faced this season (the other two were also wins). I don't think too much can be said on the system based on this game. But then again I didn't think we were particularly impressive today.

Brighton hasn’t lost at home so far and only lost 4 games at home last season

Their a very solid side at home and will give anyone a game

Brighton hasn’t lost at home so far and only lost 4 games at home last season

Their a very solid side at home and will give anyone a game

They are a very decent side at home, agreed. I don't think we played that well today though, until Lamela came on. We were wobbling a little bit at 1-0 and we didn't trouble their keeper that much (until Lamela came on and we got the 2 goal cushion).

It's definitely an excellent result for us though, and we only drew there last season iirc.

One of the key moment for us was Knockaerts's tame shot straight at Gazza . We were wobbling at that point and goal then would have swung the match IMO.

Encouraging to see Kane's energy right at the end of the game - not the typical trait of a tired man,

Yeah, I thought he became more involved and looked brighter as the game went on. Even tried a few very decent shots from areas he hasn't been shooting from lately. Very positive signs from the big man. Lovely to see him score again - what a pen!

Formation wise, i thought we looked so much better playing out from the back, or when we were forced back.
I know people will say it was “only Brighton” but we looked so much more comfortable and natural.
Eg, when the keeper plays a ball out to Trippier under pressure,Tripps getting closed down really quickly, and Toby makes a quick diagonal run for Trips to pass into at 45 degrees inside. Everyone knew where to pass to, and where to receive it from, instinctively. Most of our goals conceded, or just hairy moments, which then have a chain reaction, are from our own mistakes under pressure. Probably the wrong thread, apologies, but stick with 4231 please!

Much better from Kane in the last 30 minutes, he was making space for himself ( something he has not been doing) and getting shots on target. Lets hope it continues.
Promising to see that from him towards the end of the game. Indicates good progress on physical fitness.

Promising to see that from him towards the end of the game. Indicates good progress on physical fitness.

I think it indicates that he was freed up to take positions/play in his old way rather than for the team in a role accommodating Moura. This will prove to be Poch's finest moment if he can find a way to accommodate Lucas whilst not sacrificing Kane's best position.

I don’t know if Poch has publicly called on refs to protect Kane more, but I think he needs to. One thing I’ve noticed this season is that he’s getting battered every time he gets the ball (like he did in the WC). That Huddersfield player should have got his second yellow for that late challenge, which would have sent a message out to the rest of the league.

Back