• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

We’ve not played well since bringing him back in April.

We smashed Chelsea in the game before iirc.

Maybe the scoreline clouds our judgement but I don't recall us playing that well when we beat Chelsea either. We were clinical and looked comfortable at the back but we've certainly played far better at Stamford Bridge on numerous occasions over the years and came away with nothing, let alone a win.

We haven't played consistently well since around Feb-March I'd say.

Maybe the scoreline clouds our judgement but I don't recall us playing that well when we beat Chelsea either. We were clinical and looked comfortable at the back but we've certainly played far better at Stamford Bridge on numerous occasions over the years and came away with nothing, let alone a win.

We haven't played consistently well since around Feb-March I'd say.

I agree we were past our best at that point. For me it was our last “good” performance, it was a comfortable win, never in doubt.

We used a system in that game that worked, we defended well and deftly manipulated them into positions that could hurt them.

Then we dropped it and shoe horned Kane back in rather than letting him regain fitness naturally, the season was over at that point, we were out of the CL and City were gone.

Kane didn’t play himself right as the season wound down, he didn’t play himself right in the WC, and he’s not playing himself right thus far this season.

He needs a rest, it’s stubborn to try anything else.

The ex pros I’ve listened to all seem to be saying that even when they’re injured the players still keep to a similar daily routine. So it’s only when they’re sat on a far flung beach with their family for a week or so that they can fully relax physically plus unwind mentally.
Could have got this wrong but seem to remember Harry saying he continued working out even whilst away on his summer break. Felt he could not afford to let go, needed to keep in shape for the start of the season. Something like that anyway.

Could have got this wrong but seem to remember Harry saying he continued working out even whilst away on his summer break. Felt he could not afford to let go, needed to keep in shape for the start of the season. Something like that anyway.
Found the interview at The Open where Kane says that he’d been training so that he’d be fit for the opening match...

https://www.skysports.com/football/...to-return-for-tottenham-premier-league-opener

Perhaps (with hindsight) Pochettino should’ve insisted that Kane put his feet up on a sun lounger in Marbella before gradually being reintroduced to the first team; like Hazard, who’s looked red hot in EPL despite playing just as many matches in World Cup.

Flicking through an Air China in-flight magazine a couple of days ago I was pleasantly surprised to see their featured person of the month was none other than our own Harry Kane - aka 'the new Lion King of England'.
The accuracy of the article was a bit dubious in places, but #buildingthebrand nonetheless.

Kane has been Poch’s saviour fir the last few seasons- no surprises when Kane is having an off day the team has an off day. Poch needs to stop relying on him so much- it’s not healthy for spurs or Kane. He has the potential to be a legend for a long to me but not if he’s burnt out for no rest now.

Kane has been Poch’s saviour fir the last few seasons- no surprises when Kane is having an off day the team has an off day. Poch needs to stop relying on him so much- it’s not healthy for spurs or Kane. He has the potential to be a legend for a long to me but not if he’s burnt out for no rest now.
How do you explain the teams form when Kane was out injured last season?

Sorry if I for didnt make it clear-poch holds him in too high an esteem which is why he shoe-horned him back into the side too early at the back end of the season.

Poch needs to work out a style of play that works for him without having harry always available. We’ve done it in the past and we can do it again but Poch needs to be the one who is brave.

Sorry if I for didnt make it clear-poch holds him in too high an esteem which is why he shoe-horned him back into the side too early at the back end of the season.

Poch needs to work out a style of play that works for him without having harry always available. We’ve done it in the past and we can do it again but Poch needs to be the one who is brave.

We have that though - we play the false 9 eithout Kane and it worked well the last time he was out

Get him a nanny. I'm still of the opinion that having two young kids under 2 years of age is playing havoc.
Seems you’re not the only one thinking that... what with Pochettino’s comment yesterday about how the emotional stress of Lloris conviction contributed to his hamstring injury, then it could help explain why Kane looks so jaded... although I still think he just hasn’t looked his usual explosive self since the most recent ankle injury...

Seems you’re not the only one thinking that... what with Pochettino’s comment yesterday about how the emotional stress of Lloris conviction contributed to his hamstring injury, then it could help explain why Kane looks so jaded... although I still think he just hasn’t looked his usual explosive self since the most recent ankle injury...

Regarding his sharpness since March, you may be right. But he still managed 13 goals from his next 12 starts for club and country.

However his current goal-famine traces back to England's 2-0 WC victory against Sweden. Most commentators agree he started to look noticeably more jaded from around about then and he has continued to look off colour ever since. That period embraces his last ten games for club and country during which he has netted just twice.

He is playing in a different role.
I think that has been a major factor.
If you gave him three games with a three of Son Alli and Eriksen behind him, he'd fly. I think sometimes we look too far for the "problems"...

Back