• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Who has complained he's too selfish? Ive not seen that. Most would say he is selfish because he is, but thats why he has scorWho has complained ed so many goals.

And I dont see anyone writing him off, only some saying he needs a rest which is hardly writing him off is it? You're staunchly defending Kane as if posters are massively criticising him when theyre not. If you dont think he could do with a rest then fine whatever, noone truly knows what would be best in that respect but fundamentally all anyone is saying is that hes off colour, and I really dont see how you could argue against that - Its understandable when he shoulders the responsibility of carrying the goalscoring burdern for club and country and has played non stop football for past few seasons.....
All I can say is you must be very selective in what you choose to read. I got fed up defending Harry these last couple of seasons on here, it became a fudging chorus.

As for the writing him off bit, obviously meant as lighthearted hyperbole. So I'll say it again in the hope this time you might afford yourself a wry grin ;), one minute we're complaining he takes too many shots, next he's taking too few.

And we've surely exchanged enough posts by now for you to know I agree he's off colour. It's finding the solution that's the problem. But instead of pontificating I prefer to leave it to Poch.

Who has complained hes too selfish? Ive not seen that. Most would say he is selfish because he is, but thats why he has scored so many goals.

And I dont see anyone writing him off, only some saying he needs a rest which is hardly writing him off is it? You're staunchly defending Kane as if posters are massively criticising him when theyre not. If you dont think he could do with a rest then fine whatever, noone truly knows what would be best in that respect but fundamentally all anyone is saying is that hes off colour, and I really dont see how you could argue against that - Its understandable when he shoulders the responsibility of carrying the goalscoring burdern for club and country and has played non stop football for past few seasons.....

It's the sprints I'm worried about. His movement is laboured even at the start of the match. That has nothing to do with form IMO.

I agree with both the above, we all know that he is a top player ( and his stats back that up) but anyone who does not think he has been below form since his return in March is obviously not watching him. No one is slating him or saying he not one of our best players but there is something wrong, it may be fitness, it could be his injurys have taken the edge of his play but he is NOT the player we have come to admire.

I go to all the games and its obvious ( if you watch him for the whole game, not just highlights on the TV) that he has not been at his best. I know he has had periods before when he has been below his best but not as long as this run ( since March he has not looked his best).

I agree with both the above, we all know that he is a top player ( and his stats back that up) but anyone who does not think he has been below form since his return in March is obviously not watching him. No one is slating him or saying he not one of our best players but there is something wrong, it may be fitness, it could be his injurys have taken the edge of his play but he is NOT the player we have come to admire.

I go to all the games and its obvious ( if you watch him for the whole game, not just highlights on the TV) that he has not been at his best. I know he has had periods before when he has been below his best but not as long as this run ( since March he has not looked his best).
Pretty sure every poster on here has agreed he's below par. Most argue he needs a rest, some that it may not be as simple as that.

It's the sprints I'm worried about. His movement is laboured even at the start of the match. That has nothing to do with form IMO.

This is the main issue for me. I have a season ticket and everyone at the ground can see that he's not moving anywhere near like he used to do. From the kick-off he looks like he's knackered. Before he would control a high ball with a defender on his back, turn and then (surprisingly) leave them for dead, haven't seen that for ages. He's on the back foot when balls are playing into him to hold up or are put into the box. He's not shooting (people will cite his supply, but again that never bothered him before, he'd make something himself.

It almost looks like Moura is playing up front to share the workload and be his legs, which has unbalanced the rest of the team cause Moura could do that same job from out wide.

I just get this picture of him being this proper hands on dad, and staying up till the early hours every night, leaving him fudged.

This is the main issue for me. I have a season ticket and everyone at the ground can see that he's not moving anywhere near like he used to do. From the kick-off he looks like he's knackered. Before he would control a high ball with a defender on his back, turn and then (surprisingly) leave them for dead, haven't seen that for ages. He's on the back foot when balls are playing into him to hold up or are put into the box. He's not shooting (people will cite his supply, but again that never bothered him before, he'd make something himself.

It almost looks like Moura is playing up front to share the workload and be his legs, which has unbalanced the rest of the team cause Moura could do that same job from out wide.

I just get this picture of him being this proper hands on dad, and staying up till the early hours every night, leaving him fudged.
I hope it is tiredness and nothing more permanent.

It would be interesting to know Kane's physical test figures - you know in pre-season and during the season they test how much weight you can lift with your leg, how much pressure you can pull back, all sorts of lifts with different muscle groups, and explosive moments like leaps from a standing start... I wonder if there was a big drop-off since his ankle injury.

Because you're right, he does not seem to have that explosive power any more.

It feels like 'The Club' are guilty of shagging the golden goose when it comes to Harry. The club has too a large degree rode on the back of his outstanding performances over the past four seasons. Typically the club has, in essence, made no true investment in that role for the future except a couple of cheap stop gaps in Llorente and Janssen.
Yes, the stadium is important but as Ms Cullen said that was not meant to effect signing, yeah right.
Squandering Harry's golden period in the manner we are doing is truly unforgivable and bloody short-sighted to the nth degree.

Last edited:
Although the two ankle injuries may in themselves have a legacy effect they also gave Harry 'a rest' the both times they occurred...so he hasnt been on the football treadmill continuously.

Although the two ankle injuries may in themselves have a legacy effect they also gave Harry 'a rest' the both times they occurred...so he hasnt been on the football treadmill continuously.
The ex pros I’ve listened to all seem to be saying that even when they’re injured the players still keep to a similar daily routine. So it’s only when they’re sat on a far flung beach with their family for a week or so that they can fully relax physically plus unwind mentally.

Back