• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Without Kane’s goals we would have lost to Colombia.

And without Kane’s goals we would have lost to Tunisia and wouldn’t have got out of the group to face Colombia in the first place.

His goals dragged us to where we got to and the Golden Boot proves he did his bit.

It’s laughable that any of our players are getting stick, but Harry is the last player who should be.

Its the art of perception.

He didnt score any worldies, often wasnt leading the line, did a lot of water carrying to keep the team ticking over - essentially he wasnt glamorous and showy and so "What did he do?"

Aside from win the golden boot, obviously.

They don't mean it, the "we are in it together amnesty" is over now everyone is fair game. For most after the disappointment of being knocked out its now a relief that Tottenham didn't win the WC ( Spurs Captain won - Spurs Golden boot so we sort of did ;))

There are lots of posts on here saying Henderson is brick - he is- most Liverpool fans will be questioning this.

Incredible that Kane is getting any stick whatsoever. I think we're all big enough to admit that despite winning free kicks, Kane's overall play was below his usual standards. He didn't create chances for himself, didn't attack the 6 yard box late in games and looked leggy throughout. His holdup play was good but besides that, he's played much better for Spurs for the most part than he did at the WC.

That said, it's a complete joke to blame or even criticise him. So what if his goals were lucky, tap ins or penalties? Don't matter how they go in.

I don't think any one particular party should be "blamed" for us losing to Croatia as Southgate is still a relatively inexperienced manager and the team as a whole seemed to tire as the game went on whereas Croatia got stronger. But if anyone should be blamed for having a poo tournament then surely Raheem fudging Sterling deserves most of the blame? He was fudging useless in every game. At least Kane played poor but actually scored goals. People saying Kane should have squared it to Sterling. Do people seriously believe Sterling would have scored that chance against Croatia? I don't. He's up there with the worst finishers in PL history when it comes to forwards along with Adebayor, Heskey and Giroud.

Quotes from him this morning that he only wants 2 weeks holiday and wants to play at Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Although you have to admire his dedication to always play and train, I honestly dont think, this is great idea.

He looked totally knackered in the playoff-games.

Poch should tell him to have the full 3 weeks off and let his season start against Fulham.

And that Kane gets to win the English league title with his boyhood club, unlike Shearer!

Perhaps not

2244550.main_image.jpg

Quotes from him this morning that he only wants 2 weeks holiday and wants to play at Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Although you have to admire his dedication to always play and train, I honestly dont think, this is great idea.

He looked totally knackered in the playoff-games.

Poch should tell him to have the full 3 weeks off and let his season start against Fulham.
We've had all this before. Sometimes he can take a while to get going again, sometimes he starts banging them in straight away. Besides even an unfit Kane will score more than any fit alternative, just as he has been since coming back from his injury in March when most were arguing he wasn't fit and should be rested.

Best leave Poch to make the decisions.

Mbappe was great, And it is even more impressive considering he is a teenager. Imagine being 19 and playing in the World Cup final. Amazing for him.

As for Kane, that is quite a feather in his cap for sure but he wasn't brilliant in this competition if we are honest.

He seemed to be so excited when they were doing the national anthems like a kid at Christmas. The likes of Neymar, Messi etc just look as if they were thinking “just another final”.

I personally think he got too much praise and that the little bit of magic he produced was over hyped. Yes he is only 19 and he is a very very good players but in the semi final he went lonng periods without touching the ball yet they were talking as if he dominated the game.

Back