• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Well done Harry. There will be many who bemoan this award due to the penalties he scored to make up his total.
But the absolute nerves of steel he displayed in taking those penalties should not be overlooked. Not once, not twice, but three times. Plus a shoot-out.
Take a deserved bow young man.

Well done Harry. There will be many who bemoan this award due to the penalties he scored to make up his total.
But the absolute nerves of steel he displayed in taking those penalties should not be overlooked. Not once, not twice, but three times. Plus a shoot-out.
Take a deserved bow young man.

Add on that his peers took penalties too

I’ve seen it reported that Harry Kane had 6 shots on target and scored 6 goals, I’m sure he had 2 in the Croatia match which were saved and only 2 in the Panama game (but scored 3)

This is his year!

Nah, I'm just joking. :p I think Janssen could potentially be a good player for us, and he hasn't really had a fair crack of the whip at Spurs.

But he'll have to hit the ground running if we are to rely on him as a replacement for Kane while Son's away. If he has another one of those games filled with inexplicable misses, then the patience will end very quickly.

He would be top scorer even without that fluke goal against Panama, so there's no doubt this is deserved. Three penalties, yes, but considering the pressure and the occation, they were far from the easiest penalties he's ever scored - maybe apart from the second versus Panama. That Columbia one was especially good.

Bottom line though, Harry Kane won the golden boot at the Russia WC, and that will forever be there in WC history.

Harry wasn't even in top form at the World Cup, played for a team that barely created chances and still won the golden boot. He's a machine.

If a Mbappe or a Salah won the goldent boot with the exact same goals, everyone would be licking their arses.
Mbappe was great, And it is even more impressive considering he is a teenager. Imagine being 19 and playing in the World Cup final. Amazing for him.

As for Kane, that is quite a feather in his cap for sure but he wasn't brilliant in this competition if we are honest.

World-Cup-9s-bblog.jpg

Another golden boot for the mantelpiece.

Mbappe was great, And it is even more impressive considering he is a teenager. Imagine being 19 and playing in the World Cup final. Amazing for him.

As for Kane, that is quite a feather in his cap for sure but he wasn't brilliant in this competition if we are honest.

Mbappe is such a freak of nature; I can see him dominate Ballon d'or awards for the next decade if he keeps developing. Which I'm sure he will, because ulike Neymar (IMO), he seems humble, grounded and determined to work hard to reach his goals. A bit like Kane, at least that's the impression I get from interviews.

He will be the world's most expensive player by a very large margin when Real or one of the lottery winners buy him at some point. Can't see him staying in France for too long.

Back