• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

His body language said 'I think a lace might have snapped on me boot'. He was so calm! We are so use to some of the pathetic histrionics, I thought he might be coming back on.
A very mentally strong young man! Respect! :cool:

At one stage it certainly looked that way, but as he walked back down the touchline, the guy with him spoke into his mic and Kane shook his head, and you knew despite his best efforts it wasn't going to happen.
The fact he felt he could return I am hoping is a good sign. But he has to be careful not to come back too hastily

His body language said 'I think a lace might have snapped on me boot'. He was so calm! We are so use to some of the pathetic histrionics, I thought he might be coming back on.
A very mentally strong young man! Respect! :cool:

If I see a player rolling around and giving it histrionics, I know nine times out of ten they're absolutely fine. When players are properly injured, they generally go quite still.

If I see a player rolling around and giving it histrionics, I know nine times out of ten they're absolutely fine. When players are properly injured, they generally go quite still.

Not often I've seen such a controlled expression from injured player Harry was almost removed from any obvious pain or soreness. I would have been at least bloody hurting and grimacing. Harry looked like he was ordering a coffee.
The lack of any anxiety on his face shocked me.
Mind I'm a wimp when I get one of my knocks!

Last edited:
I got depressed all over again watching this and seeing how bloody close it was. I mean, half a centimeter to the right and it's in. Fuuuuck!

I'm never going to get over this game. I still haven't gotten over the Italy-Brazil 3-2 back in 82, so GHod knows how long it will take to get over this one. fudging Italians.

I got depressed all over again watching this and seeing how bloody close it was. I mean, half a centimeter to the right and it's in. Fuuuuck!

I'm never going to get over this game. I still haven't gotten over the Italy-Brazil 3-2 back in 82, so GHod knows how long it will take to get over this one. fudging Italians.
It'll be at least 2054 then.

Absolutely nowhere is that a straight red card!!!!!!
Have I accidentally ended up on some scouser forum??

In fairness I might be exaggerating, especially given the fact this is a still frame, but Cech went into it feet/body first making nominal (if any) contact with the ball?
Again, possible I am overreacting to seeing the incident freeze-framed and slo-mo’d so yeah, your point is certainly accepted (other than that scouse bit!!!)

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Oh absolutely! He scissored him and chose to go in feet first. Anywhere else on the pitch it is a straight red card.

Not sure about red in the outfield but certainly a yellow. Back in the day these kind of challenges would be part and parcel of the game.

The reason they've clamped down on them recently is to avoid injury to players. So it's a bit strange that keepers are allowed to get away with it.

And in this case it ended up with a player getting injured.

Cech went into it feet/body first making nominal (if any) contact with the ball?
Do you mean Begovic?
He spread himself well and sat on Kane's ankle, but (a) Kane's ankle was already twisted in the turf before it was sat on and (b) if you are going to foul someone, you don't do it by planting your scrotum on them forcefully

Do you mean Begovic?
He spread himself well and sat on Kane's ankle, but (a) Kane's ankle was already twisted in the turf before it was sat on and (b) if you are going to foul someone, you don't do it by planting your scrotum on them forcefully
Maybe you don't, but that doesn't mean Begovic hasn't been training to do this since he was training with FC Kirchhausen in Heilbronn.

http://viz.wikia.com/wiki/Buster_Gonad

Do you mean Begovic?

Ah yes, Begovic apologies. I have addressed your other point somewhat above, but I will say that whilst I agree he was not going out to “do” him, he went into the challenge recklessly by current rules. Where his scrotum ended up is irrelevant; if he went arms/body first (like Karrios) no injury.

Ah yes, Begovic apologies. I have addressed your other point somewhat above, but I will say that whilst I agree he was not going out to “do” him, he went into the challenge recklessly by current rules. Where his scrotum ended up is irrelevant; if he went arms/body first (like Karrios) no injury.

Did you see Michel Vorm clatter into the Swansea striker today after 2 minutes? Should it have been a penalty and red card? Vorm went steaming through him knees first, completely smashed him off his feet. Whilst winning the ball.

Did you see Michel Vorm clatter into the Swansea striker today after 2 minutes? Should it have been a penalty and red card? Vorm went steaming through him knees first, completely smashed him off his feet. Whilst winning the ball.

Not the same at all

I agree with your comments about The Bournemouth one but today’s was very different

For a start Vorm got the ball then the man

Oh well unless Kane is back soon, and has a great finish to the season, he is not winning the golden boot this year.

Oh well unless Kane is back soon, and has a great finish to the season, he is not winning the golden boot this year.

He won't, Salah is just unstoppable this season. Without the injury Kane could've made it, but even then it would've been a close race IMO.

Back