• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I just saw the last 20 minutes of the United match again, and I have no idea why some of you are complaining about Kane. He did exactly what we wanted him to do, I thought. Strong on the ball, managed to keep it, he passed it well, was strong in all the challenges he was in, did his job well as the first defender. I thought he was excellent. And I completely take back what I said previously that United threw the kitchen sink at us in the end, they had a little spell for about a minute with some pressure, but apart from that they didn't really have anything.

Maybe I need to re-watch the game again then! :lol:

Maybe I need to re-watch the game again then! :lol:

Yeah, I find it to be a lot easier to analyze a game while seeing it a second time. Being in the heat of the moment while watching it, I rarely notice all the things happening on the pitch. :)

I just saw the last 20 minutes of the United match again, and I have no idea why some of you are complaining about Kane. He did exactly what we wanted him to do, I thought. Strong on the ball, managed to keep it, he passed it well, was strong in all the challenges he was in, did his job well as the first defender. I thought he was excellent. And I completely take back what I said previously that United threw the kitchen sink at us in the end, they had a little spell for about a minute with some pressure, but apart from that they didn't really have anything.

I couldn't understand at the time why some would rather Lamela than Chadli or Kane. We were trying to see out a 1 goal lead and needed a physical presence far more than someone who's gonna run at opponents and risk losing the ball. Not the time or place for flair players.

I agree. Putting on Lamela wouldn't have made sense at all. He's too eager to please and as a result loses the ball quite often. Kane and Chadli were both great subs, I thought, perfect for fending off United. Worked a charm. :)

This. First time I've seen Kane and thought there may be a PL player in there. It certainly looks like Kane/Bentaleb/Fredericks are playing without fear under Sherwood.

A shame he couldn't get a better contact on that header at the end but a decent performance from Kane tonight and he was unlucky not to get awarded a penalty. I'm not convinced he's really got the talent to be anything more than a squad player for a Top 6 side but at least he's one of our own and puts in an honest shift.

@OptaJoe: 2 - Harry Kane has become the first Tottenham player to assist two goals in a European game since Bale v Maribor in November 2012. Able.
@OptaJoe: 2 - Gareth Bale was also the last player to assist two goals as a substitute in a European game (v Schalke on Tuesday). Mirror.

https://twitter.com/thespursweb/status/446743928008486913
BjMnPE7CMAAY_js.jpg

Last edited:
Whenever I have seen him this season he has demonstrated football intelligence. He has a touch of the Sheringham's about him. He is not a flashy player, but is generally solid, doing the simple thing. Worth persevering with, I think to see if he can move to the next level.

The problem I have is that he doesn't fit a system that the rest of our team supports. I stand by my belief that we have a squad made for the 433 but he wouldn't be my first choice as the #10 or in either of the wide forward roles. Maybe playing as a false 9 is the best way to go as he draws out a defender and makes space for our runners to move into. Both goals tonight he assisted and in both instances (more so the first) he dropped deep and Chadli was the man in the hole that he created.

THE HURRICANE will certainly do a great job for us as a squad player, although I'm sure he'll get sold on to a lower PL or Championship team in the summer.

I like Kane, he's a good player on his day - my only issue is that he's too slow in a lot of what he does.

He's works hard and like others say he's more of a Sheringham style player, good awareness and knows when to pass.

He did more in his 20mins than Soldaldo did in his 70mins.

That was a fukking pen. Jesus H. what a fukking joke. We NEVER get a break. Even for their goal the winger got a lucky bobble off our LB that set it perfectly for the cross.

I think he looks like a really handy player but I don't think he'll be successful with us as the knives are out within seconds for our players. It's likely that he'll move to a mid table club in some time and consequently be able to show his class.

I've spoke about his pace being an issue but I think in the right system it seems like he can definitely do some damage.

Back