• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

So here is the real question = how good is this guy?

Because he doesn't do a ton of step overs and overdone dribbling, at first glance people don't rate him. Watch him carefully and you see the movement, the lack of backlift, how quickly he gets a shot off and the balance when he shoots (that typically means he never hits anything into row Z). Add his strength on the ball and he is a nightmare for defenders.

His stats are WC now, 3 seasons at 20+ in PL, basically scored at 1:1 game/goal ratio in PL, something only 2 players I know do in the Spanish league.

So, how good is he?

I appreciate the little trick he occasionally throws in where he fakes to shoot which just commits a defender in front of him to continue their movement so opening up a bit more of an avenue for him to then properly shoot, with the same foot, in a slightly different direction.

He certainly has been working hard on improving his left foot, he is genuinely 2 footed now.

Difficult to judge him against Aguero, Suarez, Bale as due to their pace they can win a game from nothing. Harry still needs an element of service or players making runs.

Lewandowski is probably a closer match and id say he isnt far off him now, maybe one more 20+ season to prove longevity.

He certainly has been working hard on improving his left foot, he is genuinely 2 footed now.

Difficult to judge him against Aguero, Suarez, Bale as due to their pace they can win a game from nothing. Harry still needs an element of service or players making runs.

Lewandowski is probably a closer match and id say he isnt far off him now, maybe one more 20+ season to prove longevity.

Lewandoswki wasn't at kanes level at this age

I think three 20+ goal seasons already proves longevity

His finishing ability and all round game is up there already with Lewandowski, Higuain, Benzema

If he stays fit he will break Shearer's phenomanal PL goal record. Absolutely guaranteed.

I think three 20+ goal seasons already proves longevity

His finishing ability and all round game is up there already with Lewandowski, Higuain, Benzema

If he stays fit he will break Shearer's phenomanal PL goal record. Absolutely guaranteed.
Even from Spain?

Even from Spain?

:)

I don't see him being the type to move abroad. Most British players are very reluctant. There is enough money in the PL to keep players happy

Bale was different. I think he was Real Madrid fan as a kid, he was very open to playing and living abroad.

If we stay competitive and win trophies, Kane could easily stay at Spurs for his entire career. Imagine that; ten more years of Harry Kane.

If we dont, I expect him to look for success and silverware elsewhere at some point.

If we stay competitive and win trophies, Kane could easily stay at Spurs for his entire career. Imagine that; ten more years of Harry Kane.

If we dont, I expect him to look for success and silverware elsewhere at some point.
AND if we can pay him enough money.

Not every footballer is in it solely for the BIG money, there's plenty who'd sooner play at a club they love playing at rather than chase the cash.

Bale was different. I think he was Real Madrid fan as a kid, he was very open to playing and living abroad.

Bale's Welsh so he has no real ties to a club; he hardly aspired to play in Wales for a team in the Welsh league... not even for Cardiff/Swansea and cheat his way into the EPL... he is like an Armenian or Slovakian, very happy to leave home and travel the world playing for big clubs.

Kane however is very much a Spur born and bred. Do NOT post that phucking photo of him dressed as a Gooner.

He doesn't strike me as the kind of guy who would swap £100k a week + success at his boyhood team for £200k a week + potential success at another team.
He's said it with conviction often enough how much he wants to stay at Tottenham and help us achieve big things. There's no way on this earth he is ever going to do a Clambell. The only way he might leave in the next two/three years is if the whole project were suddenly to fall apart through something like a change of manager or ownership.

Beyond that it would be foolish to speculate.

Last edited:
You could tell from the first competitive goal Harry scored for us that he had something special about him. Look at the strength and the finish. Lovely stuff. I also remember him having an excellent long shot strike in a friendly against Monaco that summer. Couldn't find a video of it, but it was an excellent goal.

So it was AVB who slowly started to introduce Harry to the first team squad. Nice work.

Also Brad Friedel with the pen save. What a man Brad was and still is. Respect.

Harry's first competitive goal was against Shamrock Rovers in Dublin in the EL (Dec '11). I wuz there!

I also went to Millwall v Blackpool in April '12 as Harry and Mason were on loan there. Ryan didn't play though. Harry scored a belter.

It's fudging great that we have him. The only Spurs player that I've been there to witness three hattricks from: Asteras, West Brom and Stoke.

Harry's first competitive goal was against Shamrock Rovers in Dublin in the EL (Dec '11). I wuz there!

I also went to Millwall v Blackpool in April '12 as Harry and Mason were on loan there. Ryan didn't play though. Harry scored a belter.

It's fudging great that we have him. The only Spurs player that I've been there to witness three hattricks from: Asteras, West Brom and Stoke.

Ah, that's right! Wikipedia was wrong. Again. ;) Thanks for pointing that out.

Back