• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

I think Kane would love to stay here and beat every scoring record we have, including that of Greaves.
Of course, lots can change in the fortunes of a player, a team, and, GHod forbid, a manager, so who knows.
The difference with Kane is that the ties he has to the club may just make him think that bit harder, or stall that bit longer, on making a move abroad. If and when he goes we'll wish him good luck i'm sure. But I don't see him as being in it purely for the money. If he was, he would already be elsewhere.

yup, its liked the dreaded "vote of confidence" for the manager on his last legs.

he would earn 4x the money in spain

Yeah he would but why go to Spain when you can earn plenty of money here with us

He knows as things progress he will get more and more money

Why gamble on a quick buck when you have it made and laid in a plate

And the comments earlier about heard it all before, have you heard it from a player who has didn't his whole career at a club?? It happens eventually, particularly if a club isn't doing what the player expects I agree. It normally you get that from players making their move to a top club. Kane is already at one

If you earn £30k per week you can live like a King
If you earn £60k per week you can live like a King
If you earn £90k per week you can live like a King
If you earn £120k per week you can live like a King

What Kane wants is a strong home life, a happy mum and dad, a happy wife, a happy baby, happy dogs, his local friends etc. He is not Paul Pogba and probably won't get a neon HK shaved into his hair.

If you earn £30k per week you can live like a King
If you earn £60k per week you can live like a King
If you earn £90k per week you can live like a King
If you earn £120k per week you can live like a King

If we stall you may see him leave - a lot of players still want to win things (money is not everything but more money and more trophies might be) and if that is not a possibility with us his head may be turned,

If we stall you may see him leave - a lot of players still want to win things (money is not everything but more money and more trophies might be) and if that is not a possibility with us his head may be turned,

If we don't progress and start to stagnate then he may leave and would be well within his rights too (assuming he isn't a contributing factor in that)

If were developing nicely as we are right now why would he leave

As said earlier he already earns a fortune and will get more and more over time

He is still very young and has a sensible stable head and also a very strong family behind him (I've met a few of them and their massive Spurs fans)

Wake up Harry ...4/10 performance from you versus Sunderland (and that's being kind) ....

Did you have one attempt on goal against the Leagues bottom team?

Lots of money is nice. But when you're already getting enough, the focus shifts to quality of life and then, what happens after the playing career ends? What can one do to continue having an interesting and fulfilling career within the game? How can one build a compelling life surrounded by people who truly matter?

Kane already displays all the traits that suggest he will have a stand named for him someday at Mega Lane. I'd be thrilled to sit there.

@Mikey10

Clearly not good enough. So let's cash in and pack him off to China eh?

FFS!
The problem isn't up top, it's the players behind.
He can't score if he isn't getting the ball.

I'm being to harsh on our main man? When can we say he's had a bad game if not in this one ?

Sorry glasgowspur but that doesn't wash ... I agree the players around him were poor but he's our man up top, he has to at least have attempts against a poor quality side like Sunderland. His touch was poor and he was not even looking to make something happen with a quick one touch pass, for example as he did with Son's goal versus Emirates Marketing Project. He were ponderous on the ball, not adapting to the situation of Sunderland's tight marking and parked bus.

@Mikey10

I'm being to harsh on our main man? When can we say he's had a bad game if not in this one ?

Sorry glasgowspur but that doesn't wash ... I agree the players around him were poor but he's our man up top, he has to at least have attempts against a poor quality side like Sunderland. His touch was poor and he was not even looking to make something happen with a quick one touch pass, for example as he did with Son's goal versus Emirates Marketing Project. He were ponderous on the ball, not adapting to the situation of Sunderland's tight marking and parked bus.

Yeah, but *everyone* looked sub-par against Sunderland.

I thought the problem against Sunderland was that we didn't start the game with enough intensity. Had we played with the same urgency from the start that we showed for the last 30 minutes then we would've won the game. Sunderland were able to hold out for 30 minutes, with us mustering just half chances against their well drilled defensive system. Had we gone out from the first minute with that same mind set then we would've tripled the number of half chances and probably converted one of them.

As an aside I thought that Kone was absolutely brilliant. If Sunderland drop then I would happily bring him in to add to our Centre half options.

Last edited:
Wake up Harry ...4/10 performance from you versus Sunderland (and that's being kind) ....

Did you have one attempt on goal against the Leagues bottom team?

Good to see that your fudged up opinions are not limited to politics. :)

A lot of those lessons he learnt he learnt out on loan, sorry to bang that old drum but I honestly do not think he would have made it with us if it were not for all the loans. I really wish someone like Onomah would get a season long loan to a lower league team.
I do hear you but then again Harry Winks has never been out on loan. So it can just as equally be argued that his success in breaking through was because he stayed put and reaped the benefit of Poch's coaching.

Back