• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

He would go for a huge sum, I'd be surprised if any football club puts out a record fee type signing whenever the window opens. The lack of certainty of income, unknown of tv money, inevitable shortfalls and the PR associated with salary cuts then huge buy will probably push the big moves off another year.

My view is Kane will leave next summer (not this one) and if we get anything north of 150M, we should take it and move on.

I don't understand fans, Carrick, Berbs, Modric, Bale, Walker, Eriksen, BMJ, Pch .. players and managers leave, the club goes on ...

150 million??? You are living in an alternative reality if you think anyone will fork out 150 million pounds or euros. We won't get anywhere near that. Maybe close to 100, but no club has the finances to buy a player for that kind of money. And Kane isn't the best player in the world. Not even top 5 imo.

150 million??? You are living in an alternative reality if you think anyone will fork out 150 million pounds or euros. We won't get anywhere near that. Maybe close to 100, but no club has the finances to buy a player for that kind of money. And Kane isn't the best player in the world. Not even top 5 imo.

Coutinho was in the range of 142M, Lukkaku was "closer to 100"
Kane is a multi-golden boot winner and a true goalscorer, he's worth 150

That said, we now have no idea what the new world post covid will look like.

Then he won’t be going anywhere
Despite people saying to the contrary his scoring record is still up there with the very very best in the world
That commands the very best in the world fee

He is injury prone, amazed people think he isn’t. When did he last give us a full season? He gets injured every year and now it’s usually twice a year.
Cup half empty or cup half full?

Since 2013-14 he's averaged around 50* appearances and 36* goals for club and country every season. That despite being kicked, kneed, trodden on and generally targeted every game.

For me the truly amazing thing is how many games he DOES play, how quickly he recovers from injury, and how many goals he continues to score.

*Edited to more accurately reflect his true stats which are significantly better than originally posted, ie 44 apps/30 goals/season.

Source: Soccerbase

Last edited:
Even more scarily, only three players have made more starts for Tottenham than Kane so far this season:

Top ten starters for Spurs, season 2019/20

27 - Alderweireld
22 - Aurier
21 - Sanchez
20 - Dele
20 - Kane
20 - Son
19 - Winks
19 - Sissoko
18 - Moura
18 - Vertonghen
But he is injury prone

to give the injury prone thing context I did a comparison between Anderson and Keane...
Keane made 326 appearances at united over 12 season so averaged 27 games
Anderton 299 over 12 so 25 games a season
One had a bad rep for injuries
The other for being a hard man

I can’t believe anyone is advocating selling Kane. Even if he is available for 75% of our games he’s still a class above anyone we can bring in.
He’s a great role model for youngsters and inspirational for the rest of the team. Hopefully the enforced break will get him back to his best physically, Jose will rotate him a little more to avoid burn out and gives him the captaincy next season. There is a dearth of top number 9s in world football and we are lucky to have him.

I can’t believe anyone is advocating selling Kane. Even if he is available for 75% of our games he’s still a class above anyone we can bring in.
He’s a great role model for youngsters and inspirational for the rest of the team. Hopefully the enforced break will get him back to his best physically, Jose will rotate him a little more to avoid burn out and gives him the captaincy next season. There is a dearth of top number 9s in world football and we are lucky to have him.
Not now, but if he doesn't sign a new contract within the next two years, preferably within next year, we should sell.

Back