• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

The options were to either a) cash in for untold riches or b) keep him in form for a decade by not flogging him to bits. We opted for c) - to use wingers as a makeshift replacement when it was utterly unavoidable, and otherwise to flog him like a stolen hatchback.

So you believe we should be a selling club?

Yes, every club should be a selling club if the player is worth more in the transfer market than in the team.

Imagine the furore had we sold him last summer. Especially if, going by Levynomics, it had been on the last day of the window.

But I take it you'd have been chuffed to bits. ;)

Yeah, would have been mad, but look at what happened with Eriksen. I'm always happy if we can look back in hindsight and say yes, that was the right thing to do.

Doubt it
There really is a dearth of top quality strikers out there
He is consistent, very marketable and a great age
his value goes sup for a few years still

if people think 25M for cavan 6 years older and never got near to Kanes level of scoring is good value then Kane is 250M

True, but I worry about his consistency, every injury takes something out of him. Had we offered him around for 250m three years ago there would have been 5 or 6 clubs fighting over him, I doubt we'd get a sniff at half of that now.

Yes, every club should be a selling club if the player is worth more in the transfer market than in the team.

Yeah, would have been mad, but look at what happened with Eriksen. I'm always happy if we can look back in hindsight and say yes, that was the right thing to do.

True, but I worry about his consistency, every injury takes something out of him. Had we offered him around for 250m three years ago there would have been 5 or 6 clubs fighting over him, I doubt we'd get a sniff at half of that now.
Still averaging better than 1 in 2 and that world class
Their really isn’t that many decent strikers out there don’t forget and his game is more than just goals

Still averaging better than 1 in 2 and that world class
Their really isn’t that many decent strikers out there don’t forget and his game is more than just goals

Indeed, and I'm certainly less concerned about goals than others, I think he's lost a bit of everything.

He's still a huge asset to us, my point is simply that every player has their price and his has dropped a bit.

Indeed, and I'm certainly less concerned about goals than others, I think he's lost a bit of everything.

He's still a huge asset to us, my point is simply that every player has their price and his has dropped a bit.
I don’t think he has
I think he has added
We’re now seeing a passing range that’s exceptional for example

but I agree every player has their price

I’ll say one thing... when you look a the mediocre players that were available in jan and then look at who else would be available it’s slim pickings
Teams with a quality CF would not contemplate selling.

Selling him would be madness. We should mange him better though, as in making sure we don't keep running him to the ground on a regular basis.

I agree we do need to manage him better then we have done so far, we will never know for sure but i am not convinced it was Poch who had the final say on if he should be rested, i tend to believe it was more Kane saying i am fit so play me.

I would not be surprised if Jose had a different view on over playing him.

I agree we do need to manage him better then we have done so far, we will never know for sure but i am not convinced it was Poch who had the final say on if he should be rested, i tend to believe it was more Kane saying i am fit so play me.

I would not be surprised if Jose had a different view on over playing him.
I don't think we'll ever know for sure, but I do suspect Kane's just really keen to play...and play...and play some more. It's the manager's job to, well, manage that and I do think rotation of key players was one of Poch's shortcomings. I suspect/hope Mourinho will have a different approach.

Of course, you can't rotate what you ain't got, and we really never did manage to get good understudies for Kane and Eriksen.

I don't think we'll ever know for sure, but I do suspect Kane's just really keen to play...and play...and play some more. It's the manager's job to, well, manage that and I do think rotation of key players was one of Poch's shortcomings. I suspect/hope Mourinho will have a different approach.

Of course, you can't rotate what you ain't got, and we really never did manage to get good understudies for Kane and Eriksen.

Its the manager's job to ensure the long time availability of the player. Poch didn't do so well, he seemed to like to get the players in every league, cup and international games. Perhaps it goes back to him being a player and reveling at every opportunity to play. Though the demands of attacking outfield players are totally different, and at a whole different level of athleticism now compared to when he was a player.

Its the manager's job to ensure the long time availability of the player. Poch didn't do so well, he seemed to like to get the players in every league, cup and international games. Perhaps it goes back to him being a player and reveling at every opportunity to play. Though the demands of attacking outfield players are totally different, and at a whole different level of athleticism now compared to when he was a player.
Unless my memories playing tricks I'd argue that's not the case. Poch generally saw the cups as hardly worth the candle. Most senior players were either rested or rotated until we'd reached the final stages

Poch was often criticized for not picking strong teams in the cup, now he is being criticised for not rotating in them enough, go figure

Poch was often criticized for not picking strong teams in the cup, now he is being criticised for not rotating in them enough, go figure

the issue was where he rotated the team played like they didn’t know each other
Not sure what he could do there TBH
Maybe the rotated teams weren’t well balanced

the issue was where he rotated the team played like they didn’t know each other
Not sure what he could do there TBH
Maybe the rotated teams weren’t well balanced
Jose in the domestic cups feels like the first time we've taken these competitions seriously in absolute ages, going right back to Redknapp, and I can't remember before that.

Back