• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

The England captain broke Alessandro del Piero's record as the player to score 20 Champions League goals in the fewest games - 24, compared to the Italian's 26 games with Juventus.

The England captain broke Alessandro del Piero's record as the player to score 20 Champions League goals in the fewest games - 24, compared to the Italian's 26 games with Juventus.
It really is insane. It's not like we've had an easy time of it either, being drawn against some of the top teams. Here's who we've played in the CL:
2016-17: Monaco, Bayer Leverkusen, CSKA Moscow
2017-18: Real Madrid, Dortmund, APOEL, Juve
2018-19: Barca, Inter, PSV, Dortmund, (Emirates Marketing Project), (Ajax), Liverpool
2019-20: Bayern, Red Star, Olympiakos

Emirates Marketing Project and Ajax in brackets because Kane didn't play them. He'll have missed a few of the others too, of course.

In short, he's one hell of a striker. We take him for granted sometimes, but the most valuable commodity in football is goals and he's one of the best at getting them.

It really is insane. It's not like we've had an easy time of it either, being drawn against some of the top teams. Here's who we've played in the CL:
2016-17: Monaco, Bayer Leverkusen, CSKA Moscow
2017-18: Real Madrid, Dortmund, APOEL, Juve
2018-19: Barca, Inter, PSV, Dortmund, (Emirates Marketing Project), (Ajax), Liverpool
2019-20: Bayern, Red Star, Olympiakos

Emirates Marketing Project and Ajax in brackets because Kane didn't play them. He'll have missed a few of the others too, of course.

In short, he's one hell of a striker. We take him for granted sometimes, but the most valuable commodity in football is goals and he's one of the best at getting them.
I have a feeling that he’s scored more headers than usual too, he’s constantly evolving his game. I don’t like him dropping deep too often and I think he will be more likely to stay in the shoulder of defenders if he knows he will receive the ball early.

Just hope he can rediscover the long range shots he used to pull out of the bag a couple if years ago.

Currently second highest scorer for club and country across Europe' top five leagues, season 2019/20

27 - Lewandowski (from 25 appearances)
21 - Kane (22)
19 - Immobile (18)
18 - Sterling (23)
17 - Ronaldo (20)
17 - Werner (22)
14 - Jimenez (24)
14 - Lukaku (19)
13 - Aguero (16)
13 - Pukki (19)
12 - Benzema (16)
12 - Abraham (21)
12 - Rashford (23)
12 - Vardy (14)

Lewandowski obviously saw this stat and though fudge that, I wanna win this.

I am backing Kane to score another 23 goals this season bringing up the round figure of 200 goals, a real monumental achievement

When Harry nods in a header, it looks so so easy, simple pimple.

When Sanchez threw his head at the ball and missed it entirely, the ball hit his shoulder... Jesus Christ. You don't need to throw your head at it from there, just guide it in.

When Harry nods in a header, it looks so so easy, simple pimple.

When Sanchez threw his head at the ball and missed it entirely, the ball hit his shoulder... Jesus Christ. You don't need to throw your head at it from there, just guide it in.

Composure is certainly an area that Sanchez needs work on, even with the ball at his feet he can seem a little frantic.

It was one of the worst performances I remember from him.

Usually I give him the benefit of not getting good supply, or not being close to receiving any. Wed, there were several fast breaks where it was clear the ball was getting whipped across and he simply did not gamble on a near-post move/run. It was very strange to watch. Indeed, I saw us wide a few times with the player looking up to whip a ball in and seeing that anyone in a white shirt was in front of the 6 yard line, save Dele who was looking for the back post all the time.

If he is not going to make those runs when in the box, if he is going to hang deeper, then there has to be more. I wonder if he is become too mindful of Dele off his shoulder/dropping in to create more space for Dele? if so, he needs to not think so much about and play his game. That would allow Sonny more room too. I felt Kane was congesting the attacking third when he dropped deeper, adding to the traffic as opposed to moving people around in the box.

It’s difficult for I criticise someone who delivers goals and delivers at key moments but there’s been something about Kane for a while that just feels clunky, like a machine that needs oiling.

given he’s lost the ability to score from outside the box and doesn’t have a burst to get past players he has to be told to play as a 9, he holds the ball up excellently, heads well and is deadly in the box. I’m sad to say it but he is starting to remind me of Shearer at Saudi Sportswashing Machine and if he is already in physical decline he could do worse than watch how Shearer elongated his career by allowing others to do his running for him and focused on being in the end of things.

The real Harry returned today. Two beauties. The second when I wasnt convinced he was fully recovered from an earlier knock.

Cant see him over-hauling Bobby Smith this season, but I think this time next season, only the legend JG will be ahead of him in the THFC Goals List and most likely be inside the PL All-time Top 10

Back