• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

Partially true, think it's more to do with the team around him not being 'at it'.

Very much my feelings.

People are talking about the demise of Kane as a striker far to early. Writing him off, legs have gone, he "has" to play deeper - hasnt got it in him anymore...

Ive been arguing all along, I think its the current problems at the club as much as anything. He is playing in a flat, directionless, half assed team. Who really expects his best form? He's no idea if he will even see the ball...

Plays last night for England, a vibrant, focused team - with a plan and direction - and bags a hattrick. Proper strikers goals too.

Kind of says it all for me.

Very much my feelings.

People are talking about the demise of Kane as a striker far to early. Writing him off, legs have gone, he "has" to play deeper - hasnt got it in him anymore...

Ive been arguing all along, I think its the current problems at the club as much as anything. He is playing in a flat, directionless, half assed team. Who really expects his best form? He's no idea if he will even see the ball...

Plays last night for England, a vibrant, focused team - with a plan and direction - and bags a hattrick. Proper strikers goals too.

Kind of says it all for me.

I agree with that, but I think he's being a bit lazy at the minute too, not making the double moves and fakes he used to, or pressing with the same determination.

I agree with that, but I think he's being a bit lazy at the minute too, not making the double moves and fakes he used to, or pressing with the same determination.

"wont" isnt the same as "cant" - and is more reflective of the current issues with the team.

Personally, should there be a change in management and a renewed focus - I fully expect Kane to be getting back to his best in short order.

I think he is suffering in the same way the rest of them are right now.

Joyful and also depressing watching Harry last night...which brings me to ask: how much of our recent lofty levels in the league and 4 consecutive top 4 finishes are down to Harry Kane as opposed to Poch?

Joyful and also depressing watching Harry last night...which brings me to ask: how much of our recent lofty levels in the league and 4 consecutive top 4 finishes are down to Harry Kane as opposed to Poch?

Having a once in a generation player/striker will help any manager significantly, much as Bale did for Redknapp

You must have been watching a different team to me these last few years if you think it was carried by any one player

No, but as @Raziel says, Kane is a one-in-generation top level striker. You do wonder whether we'd have been able to tip ourselves to being top consecutively over the least 4 years if we didn't have Kane. Having him in the team alone has meant we go into the games vs out Top 6 rivals in a different frame of mind to be able to compete compared to previous years.
For example, put him in the Redknapp teams and perhaps those teams would have had at least one title challenge and perhaps consecutive CL finishes over 3 years or so..

No, but as @Raziel says, Kane is a one-in-generation top level striker. You do wonder whether we'd have been able to tip ourselves to being top consecutively over the least 4 years if we didn't have Kane. Having him in the team alone has meant we go into the games vs out Top 6 rivals in a different frame of mind to be able to compete compared to previous years.
For example, put him in the Redknapp teams and perhaps those teams would have had at least one title challenge and perhaps consecutive CL finishes over 3 years or so..

You can look at our record when Kane has been out injured to give you an idea of how we would fare without him

Yeah, and it's not that great...i think the latter part of last season put paid to that myth imo

Pretty sure overall our record without Kane is pretty good, last season second half of the season we were poor with or without him so doesn't support your argument

Pretty sure overall our record without Kane is pretty good, last season second half of the season we were poor with or without him so doesn't support your argument

Our record overall is (was) pretty good vs teams that would not be considered part of the 'top 6' with or without Kane before latter part of last season. I'm still pretty sure that against the 'top 6' - which are usually our most crucial games in the season across all competitions - we have fared much better when we've had Kane than when we haven't. Happy for any stats boff out there to lay it out one way or another though.

Latter part of last season we were indeed poor generally, but after Kane's injury vs Emirates Marketing Project, we won won against Huddersfield the worst team in the league and struggled to a last minute win vs Brighton to allow us to scrape top 4; meanwhile we lost to West Ham and Bournemouth and looked even more toothless against them than we had weeks earlier. I'd venture we'd have been more potent up front in those games vs Brighton, West Ham and Bournemouth had we Kane.
Again, i think it's a myth that we have been better without him

I didn't say we were better i said our record without him is good, which it is, statistically, so that gives an indication that we weren't being carried by him.

Take the first choice forward out of any team in the world and there will be a drop of some sorts - you seem intent on making that mean something more than that.

I didn't say we were better i said our record without him is good, which it is, statistically, so that gives an indication that we weren't being carried by him.

Take the first choice forward out of any team in the world and there will be a drop of some sorts - you seem intent on making that mean something more than that.

No, i'm musing as to whether we would have reached the heights we have over the last 4/5 years if we didn't have Kane at all

Having a once in a generation player/striker will help any manager significantly, much as Bale did for Redknapp
I’d say Bale did more as a standout individual for AVB, Redknapp’s time I’d say Modric was the key player but he also has VDV and King adding class even when they couldn’t move at both ends of the pitch, cameos of top form from Kranjcar and Pav and I’d even say Adebayor and Lennon made key contributors during that time.
There’s no doubt Kane has been a talisman for us, his regression seems to be that he’s lost that goal out of nothing ability that he (and Bale) had, most of his work outside the box is back to goal or drawing fouls but in the past he used to be always looking to drive forward or get a shot off.

Bit hard to score for you club when your team is set up for you not to take any shots.

Tactically we set up in a way that negates his best attributes, coupled with him looking fudged most of the time and his output is par for the the course.

I’d say Bale did more as a standout individual for AVB, Redknapp’s time I’d say Modric was the key player but he also has VDV and King adding class even when they couldn’t move at both ends of the pitch, cameos of top form from Kranjcar and Pav and I’d even say Adebayor and Lennon made key contributors during that time.
There’s no doubt Kane has been a talisman for us, his regression seems to be that he’s lost that goal out of nothing ability that he (and Bale) had, most of his work outside the box is back to goal or drawing fouls but in the past he used to be always looking to drive forward or get a shot off.
This.

Bale in 2012/13 was almost like the perfect hybrid of Kane + Son + Dembele: a supreme athlete who would terrify defences with his pace & strength which meant he could single handedly launch an attack from the halfway line and score with either foot if he was given an opportunity anywhere within 25 yards of goal.

Kane before the ankle injuries was pretty darn good at hitting in screamers too but now seems to more of a fox in the box who becomes a creator when he drops deep.

Minutes per shot from outside penalty area by Kane in EPL

2019/20: 109 minutes per attempt
2018/19: 76 minutes per attempt
2017/18: 50 minutes per attempt
2016/17: 60 minutes per attempt
2015/16: 62 minutes per attempt
2014/15: 56 minutes per attempt
2013/14: 63 minutes per attempt

compared to Bale from outside 18 yard box:

2012/13: 30 minutes per attempt
2011/12: 45 minutes per attempt
2010/11: 88 minutes per attempt