• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Group E Permutations

7percent

Pascal Chimbonda
Bayer Leverkusen was a must-not-lose game for me. We can still qualify, though it would come down to the last game.

I have been using this 'Champions League Calculator' from worldfootball.net to go through some possible outcomes.

We must win both remaining games. If we can do that, then the game between Monaco and Bayer will decide who qualifies with us. We can only get second unfortunately.

3rd at best. Wont win in Monaco and probably draw 0-0 v Moscow.

All we all thought Leciester would be the team to mess up our coefficient points. Leverkusen - never won in England....dont worry Fritz, we've got this

All we all thought Leciester would be the team to mess up our coefficient points. Leverkusen - never won in England....dont worry Fritz, we've got this

Who else but the mighty Spurs to take on the responsibility to settle that score? Hah. We suck so bad with brick like that. Every time there's a stat along the lines of "have never.. Before", you can bet on us to lift up our skirts and point the prick right up the anus!

If we fail to win in Monaco (very likely) and Leverkusen win in Moscow (could easily happen), then its all over.

Then the game against CSKA wil decide who gets 3rd place.

Depressing

There is also a unlikely but possible situation that 4 points takes us through. Leverkusen lose in Moscow and draw with Monaco. We draw with Monaco and beat CSKA. We go through on 8 points.....

Monaco is the least intimidating place on earth to go to. Away to a conference team would be more intimidating, so its very winnable, as is CSKA at home.

However to win either we need to play like the Spurs of last season, rather than the imposters who have been running around in our shirts this season

I thought we were better than Monaco at Wembley and should have got something out of the game. I'm actually more confident away from home than I am at Wembley.

Plus, we should have Kane and Toby back from injury making it easier to field a stable 11 and we might actually show up for once if we know they're must win games.

It's still in our hands.

Sunderland would have progressed from Leicesters group!

CSKA is collapsing and I don't see them winning any of the left games.
At best we can hope for their home draw against Bayer, but tbf it is not likely to happen.
So we need to win both of our games, which is not likely to happen as well considering our huge problems in attack. The problem is Monaco (away).

I know confidence has taken a bit of a nose dive recently but we are more than capable of getting the 2 wins we need to progress.

If we don't beat Monaco we will be out of the Champions League and I'd actually prefer we then threw the Moscow game and finished bottom than finish third..

If we don't beat Monaco we will be out of the Champions League and I'd actually prefer we then threw the Moscow game and finished bottom than finish third..

Really? Not that i'm feeling in any optimistic, but if we draw vs Monaco and CSKA (somehow) beat Leverkusen, wouldn't we still be in with a shout of finishing second?

Will we have to play EL at Wembley? Will be pretty embarrassing.

Really? Not that i'm feeling in any optimistic, but if we draw vs Monaco and CSKA (somehow) beat Leverkusen, wouldn't we still be in with a shout of finishing second?

Ahh, that would be a different kettle of fish. I'm expecting Leverkusen to beat CSKA but if they want to help us out I wouldn't complain at all. If we can still mathematically qualify for the knock-out stages I want us to go for the jugular.

Will we have to play EL at Wembley? Will be pretty embarrassing.

As it was UEFA requirements - parking spaces, media access, sponsors seats, oppo team training access to the ground - that meant we had to change venue, you'd imagine similar issues might apply to the EL too although maybe not as stringent. However it might help the building works not to have to accommodate a mid week match so Wembley might still be preferred.

But anyway. We can still qualify and I believe we will, but with a few more heart stopping moments over the remaining group games.

Back