• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Great albums of the 2000s?

Mulletperm

Milija Aleksic
So we had the greatest album of the 90s, but now I'm wondering what are great albums of the 2000s?

I was discussing this at work and I really couldn't think of any apart from maybe Amy Winehouse's Back in Black.

What are yours?

Ariel, kate bush.

Never thougt anytbing would vie with bowies hunky dory or blue from joni Mitchell for my favorite albums.
Never tire of listening to any of those.

the wildhearts must be destroyed

the three foo fighters albums released in that decade

tunstall, eye to the telescope

chemical brothers, push the button

Police would like to talk to Kula Shaker to help them with their enquiries

I stumbled across their comeback (Strangefolk) from 2007 in a second hand shop. It was actually a promotional issue, not to resold :D. Very pleasantly surprised. Should probably look into what they've done since at some point.

Brave New World, Dance of Death and Matter of Life and Death by Iron Maiden is some of their finest work musically.

Chinese Democracy will forever remain underrated due to its history. First Linkin Park and Evanescence albums the same due to the genre.

01011001 and The Human Equation by Ayreon.

Iced Earth had a very productive decade with five excellent albums.

Metallica... sucked balls. Twice.

Forgot to mention Porcupine Tree. In Absentia, Deadwing, Fear of a Blank Planet and The Incident.

So we had the greatest album of the 90s, but now I'm wondering what are great albums of the 2000s?

I was discussing this at work and I really couldn't think of any apart from maybe Amy Winehouse's Back in Black.

What are yours?
I like to bathe in custard. Right that's that sorted, on to the 80's...

Police would like to talk to Kula Shaker to help them with their enquiries
Whilst they had an influence, I blame Oasis for playing Knebworth.

In doing so, they attracted thousands of chavs to guitar music.

507b368575e07e7304734fab089acdca.jpg

Last edited:
I have several albums that I really like, but I wouldn't consider them 'great'.
  • Mastodon - Leviathan
  • Clutch - Blast Tyrant
  • Corrosion of Conformity - America's Volume Dealer
  • Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory
  • Machine Head - Through the Ashes of Empires
  • Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
  • Antony & the Johnsons - I Am A Bird Now
  • The Killers - Hot Fuss
  • Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not

Whilst they had an influence, I blame Oasis for playing Knebworth.

In doing so, they attracted thousand of chavs to guitar music.

507b368575e07e7304734fab089acdca.jpg

Bah. It was Noel's balladry that was to blame. You can draw a straight line between that and the bed wetters that followed.

Gorillaz - demon days
Alicia keys - songs in a minor
Rhcp - by the way
David Gray - new day at midnight

I stumbled across their comeback (Strangefolk) from 2007 in a second hand shop. It was actually a promotional issue, not to resold :D. Very pleasantly surprised. Should probably look into what they've done since at some point.

Brave New World, Dance of Death and Matter of Life and Death by Iron Maiden is some of their finest work musically.

Chinese Democracy will forever remain underrated due to its history. First Linkin Park and Evanescence albums the same due to the genre.

01011001 and The Human Equation by Ayreon.

Iced Earth had a very productive decade with five excellent albums.

Metallica... sucked balls. Twice.

Forgot to mention Porcupine Tree. In Absentia, Deadwing, Fear of a Blank Planet and The Incident.

agree on maiden and axl

I like death magnetic, some kind of monster wasn't great I agree, I do like frantic though

agree on maiden and axl

I like death magnetic, some kind of monster wasn't great I agree, I do like frantic though

St. Anger was pure garbage. I listened to a re-recording done by some fans that had proper production values and while it was an improvement, the songs were just poor.

Death Magnetic was overproduced and and again lacking in good writing and any real creativity. They're doing it again now with their next album. Generic and dull re-hashing of what they've done before.

some i like are:

boy in da corner - dizzee rascal
lost souls - doves
is this it - the strokes
turn on the bright lights - interpol

*edit* how can i forget?!

DRE 2001 - DR DRE

System of a Down - Toxicity
Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
At the Drive-In - Relationship of Command
LCD Soundsystem - LCD Soundsystem
Gorrilaz - Demon Days
The Streets - Original Pirate Material
Kings of Leon - Youth and Young Manhood
Outkast - Speakerbox/Love Below
Daft Punk - Discovery
White Stripes - White Blood Cells & Elephant
Radiohead - Kid A
Eminem - Martial Mathers LP
The Roots - The Tipping Point
Mos Def - Black on Both Sides

the 00's was the time period i was most in to music, last few years of school and going to rock/metal gigs every other week and then on to festivals in the summer at home or abroad and then towards the end of the decade broadening my horizons a little more musically and getting in to House/Techno and going to raves every weekend. Great few years :)

Back