• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Grealish

There are lots of players out there that are way better than Grealish, and for less money. He's decent. Nothing more.

I think this one was only ever an opportunist signing when villa were temporarily in financial trouble. A low cost signing with bags of potential and homegrown, made sense to bolster the squad.

The landscape changed quickly last year and has further changed again now.

Villa have new owners, are back in the prem and have no desire to sell their home grown talisman. His cost will have spiralled to Zaha like silly money because of these factors. Consequently he no longer represents any of the criteria which made us interested.

I think this one was only ever an opportunist signing when villa were temporarily in financial trouble. A low cost signing with bags of potential and homegrown, made sense to bolster the squad.

Villa have new owners, are back in the prem and have no desire to sell their home grown talisman. His cost will have spiralled to Zaha like silly money because of these factors. Consequently he no longer represents any of the criteria which made us interested.

Thank fudge

Mods I think @Jon has been hacked as this appears to be a serious post!

Grealish is probably over the moon to get his boyhood club back up to the prem, but he must have a glance at us and think of the game time he should have got this season plus the ultimate of preparing to play in the biggest club game in football. Not his fault but a big opportunity missed for his career/development.

Grealish got some big problems, his name is not prefixed by Van or Der and it doesn't end with either an a, i or o, simply not good enough for us there must be loads of blokes I've never heard of that fit this criteria.

We'll see, but it feels like the train has left the station on this one. From reports, it feels like we've moved on a bit, and though I do think Grealish is a talent, it does feel like we're aiming a little higher with names like Lo Celso, Ndombele, and possibly Maddison. Think he'd cost a fortune, especially now that they've gone up, and there seems like so many better ways to spend 50 mil.

Back