• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Grealish

Or a lack of ambition and some clear cognitive difficulties.

Anyone choosing Villa over Spurs is clearly not a thinker.
Having seen what happened to Berahino I think Grealush has done the right thing.

It is clear that he wanted to come to Spurs, but he didn’t act unprofessionally and disrespectfully to his current club to try to force it. Good for him I say.

Let’s hope the likes of Kane and Eriksen do the same when more ambitious clubs try to take them off of us over the next year or so.

I'm disappointed we didn't land him, but he wouldn't have been a first team regular this year anyhow. That in a way might be what ends his links with us for the forseeable future, as we will likely need someone to step in to the hole that Eriksen will leave next summer (yes I believe that we will eventually lose our stars over the next few seasons).

The issue for Grealish himself will be whether or not Villa can climb out of the Championship this year. He's going to be getting restless if the club does not progress as it's his career that will be stagnating, it may already be. Bruce isn't known for his work improving young players nor for creating top footballing sides and if Grealish is as good as people think he is then playing in the Championship will be galling for him. It's partly why I was inclined to believe that he was tinkled with Villa for supposedly going back on an agreement he had with the club.

As for the press releases by his family; would anyone expect them to say that Grealish wanted to leave? It would be suicide for him.

I'm disappointed we didn't land him, but he wouldn't have been a first team regular this year anyhow. That in a way might be what ends his links with us for the forseeable future, as we will likely need someone to step in to the hole that Eriksen will leave next summer (yes I believe that we will eventually lose our stars over the next few seasons).

The issue for Grealish himself will be whether or not Villa can climb out of the Championship this year. He's going to be getting restless if the club does not progress as it's his career that will be stagnating, it may already be. Bruce isn't known for his work improving young players nor for creating top footballing sides and if Grealish is as good as people think he is then playing in the Championship will be galling for him. It's partly why I was inclined to believe that he was tinkled with Villa for supposedly going back on an agreement he had with the club.

As for the press releases by his family; would anyone expect them to say that Grealish wanted to leave? It would be suicide for him.

Was there a press release? That’s sad if true that they felt the need to do that

His dad took to Twitter to tell the villa fans that he's proud of his son etc.
Fair enough, from what I’ve read on it I don’t think Grealish did anything wrong here? Even the most staunch Villa fan couldn’t argue we would be a step up in his career and he didn’t strike or kick up a fuss, just told Villa that he’d like to join us.

It didn’t happen as Villa asked more than we were willing to pay for a punt/squad player. It happens, we are not obliged to pay whatever the selling club wants, if we think it’s too much we walk away.

Ironically, had we signed him and “saved our transfer window”, we’d probably have loaned him back to villa for the season anyway.

I think the whole affair has turned out alright for everyone. Grealish needs to play every week, he will at Villa he probably wouldn't have with us. Villa want more for their player which is right for them as he would be hard to replace and upset fans if he left for what they thought was a low fee. We set a value on a squad player who many thought wasnt good enough and stuck to it. Good all round for me. Time to close this and other threads relating to possible transfers until the next "silly season" round.

What's his contract situation? I know he's not at the same level but i really think we view this guy as Eriksen's replacement. Would be good if the overlapped by a year but depending on Grealish's contract I can't see him coming in January.

What's his contract situation? I know he's not at the same level but i really think we view this guy as Eriksen's replacement. Would be good if the overlapped by a year but depending on Grealish's contract I can't see him coming in January.
30 June 2020, but reports suggest he's about to be offered a new contract with a release clause upwards of £30m. Maybe he'll do a Toby and hold out - but I doubt it.

30 June 2020, but reports suggest he's about to be offered a new contract with a release clause upwards of £30m. Maybe he'll do a Toby and hold out - but I doubt it.

So at the end of this season he' be into his last year. (Can't believe it's nearly 2020!) I guess the devil with be in the detail of this new improved contract from villa, although everyone knows if they don't go up he's off.

Maybe he just wants to do a Steve Bull or Bob Taylor and become a West Midlands legend

Lol

Steve bull only stayed at wolves because he’d have had to stop eating pies for breakfast and do some running if he moved to a big club.

I’ve forgotten bob Taylor

Smells of a lack of ambition to me.

He can be ambitious and not act like a qunt at the same time. When we refused Modric his move to Chelsea, he knuckled down, played well for us for another season and then was granted a move to Real Madrid, where he has had a stellar career.

Or players can go down the Berbatov route; act like a complete qunt, refuse to play for the club to force a move, get the move and then fade into complete irrelevance.

He can be ambitious and not act like a qunt at the same time. When we refused Modric his move to Chelsea, he knuckled down, played well for us for another season and then was granted a move to Real Madrid, where he has had a stellar career.

Or players can go down the Berbatov route; act like a complete qunt, refuse to play for the club to force a move, get the move and then fade into complete irrelevance.

After four seasons with United, during which time he won two Premier League titles in 2008–09 and 2010–11, as well as the Premier League Golden Boot in 2010–11

Back