• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Grealish

I think we should keep this thread going all summer.

Jack Grealish people! Where’s the love??

I would imagine plenty thinking the same.

I still dont see that we need him really, and have other options preferred if we are looking at him - Maddison for one.

*Maddison is also one we have scouted for a few years, I would imagine we have more interest in him to be honest.

VILLA FIRM ON GREALISH VALUATION

Aston Villa will refuse to sell £30m-rated midfielder Jack Grealish on the cheap despite their mounting financial problems, Press Association Sport reports.

Grealish is Villa’s best option of raising a quick lump sum of cash as they look for £40million to comply with Financial Fair Play rules, but they will hold firm on their valuation.

West Ham, Manchester United and Leicester have been linked with the 22-year-old, although he is unlikely to move to the Foxes.

Villa missed a tax payment on Friday – although they have resolved the immediate problem with HMRC - and need to raise money in the long term.

It has not been ruled out that Grealish – who wants to stay for another year – could remain at Villa Park, and the club will look for other income sources, although that is a risky strategy.

Daily Mail suggesting Spurs are leading the race for Grealish hehe...

Potentially a Pienaar signing? Take advantage of their financial problems, fills a squad place and can move them on at a profit if it doesn't work out. I'd be happy with that.

Potentially a Pienaar signing? Take advantage of their financial problems, fills a squad place and can move them on at a profit if it doesn't work out. I'd be happy with that.
I think it’s a no brainer if that was the case. Unfortunately (well for me anyway as I like him) it sounds like Villa are wanting around the 40m mark so doubt will happen but if they are desperate and could do business at about 20m I honestly think in this climate that would end up being a steal...

I think it’s a no brainer if that was the case. Unfortunately (well for me anyway as I like him) it sounds like Villa are wanting around the 40m mark so doubt will happen but if they are desperate and could do business at about 20m I honestly think in this climate that would end up being a steal...

it all depends on how much interest there is, who is interested and whether he wants first team football or is willing to fight for a place as part of a squad.

Would strike me as a bit of an opportunist move on our part, get him in on the cheap because of Villas debt issue and then flip him in a year or so - on off the chance that he maximises his potential here then we could have tidy player (english to boot)

I'm less on board if he is our prime summer target
I honestly think you and many others on here would be pleasantly surprised by him were he to join. Regardless I don’t think any journalist is going to know who our ‘prime’ targets are...

I honestly think you and many others on here would be pleasantly surprised by him were he to join. Regardless I don’t think any journalist is going to know who our ‘prime’ targets are...

I agree, it is just hyperbolic gonad*s for clicks. I'd be disappointed if he was our prime target because I think that we have bigger priorities and whilst I could see him as a useful squad addition, I think that it is likely that it would take him a while to push for a first team place in priority games.

Back