• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Grealish

He strikes me as a Shelvey type figure. A maverick who stands out in poor side, but who could never fit into a more effective functioning unit.

On yesterday's evidence, I thought Tom Cairney looked much more EPL suited/ready

27 year old Cairney... not really comparing apples with apples

Exactly the sort of player to push Eriksen should he be injured.

Players like him can make the difference in winning titles or competing with the other top teams.

Should get in there before anyone of the world finest finds out what an amazing player he is.

NEXT

Wasn’t that impressed by his decision making in the play off, tbh. We can do better. If he had anything exceptional he’d have been snapped up already.

He has some moments for sure, but not to sound too high and mighty he is the type of purchase the old Spurs would have made. Not this one. We need better than Grealish if we want to win something.

Grealish is no CM, not even close.

More a 10/attacking midfield player.

Hourahane, Whelan and Jedinak are the primary CMs for Villa. Onomah has played CM there as well. Grealish hasnt, he is an attacking player.
I’m not going to pretend I know everything Aston Villa, but the games I’ve seen him play he has definitely been Cm. I don’t know where he Played in the final, or for many league games but when I’ve seen him he has been...

He has some moments for sure, but not to sound too high and mighty he is the type of purchase the old Spurs would have made. Not this one. We need better than Grealish if we want to win something.
Fine, but I'm pretty sure you would have said this about Dele. He has the talent and I’m sure playing with better players would make him kick on a level....

I’m not going to pretend I know everything Aston Villa, but the games I’ve seen him play he has definitely been Cm. I don’t know where he Played in the final, or for many league games but when I’ve seen him he has been...

I would suggest thats something of a rarity, because he just isnt that player.

And, lets be honest, Bruce just isnt that manager. He wouldnt have someone as fluffy as Grealish in CM. He doesnt even trust Onomah there and its his best position!

Grealish plays CM in the same way Alli does. In that, he doesnt, but he may well drop deep to effect play etc.

My concern is that he hasn't been picked up by a "bigger" club by now, also his appearance record at Villa looks like even they don't play him every game which I would expect from a player that is supposed to be good enough for us..

Fine, but I'm pretty sure you would have said this about Dele. He has the talent and I’m sure playing with better players would make him kick on a level....
I would say Spurs were in a different place when we bought Dele. Our purchasing model was to take a few speculative punts in the hope they would turn into first team players. And with Dele that paid off in spades . IMO to make the next step (win something) our purchasing model will need a tweak, and focus less on the punts and more on the proven talent. I think Poch might have been getting at that with the 'brave' comment.

Irrespective of Grealish's talent, and he is talented, his off field activites paint a picture of his personality I don't really like. I freely admit I am judging him on hearsay and maybe that's all in his past, but one bad apple and all that...

Last edited:
I would say Spurs were in a different place when we bought Dele. Out purchasing model was to take a few speculative punts in the hope they would turn into first team players. And with Dele that paid off in spades . IMO to make the next step (win something) our purchasing model will need a tweak, and focus less on the punts and more on the proven talent. I think Poch might have been getting at that with the 'brave' comment.

Irrespective of Grealish's talent, and he is talented, his off field activites paint a picture of his personality I don't really like. I freely admit I am judging him on hearsay and maybe that's all in his past, but one bad apple and all that...

I think that Dele was signed to fill a different role in the squad and progressed a lot faster than expected.

I would say Spurs were in a different place when we bought Dele. Out purchasing model was to take a few speculative punts in the hope they would turn into first team players. And with Dele that paid off in spades . IMO to make the next step (win something) our purchasing model will need a tweak, and focus less on the punts and more on the proven talent. I think Poch might have been getting at that with the 'brave' comment.

I agree. But I don’t think Grealish is much of a punt because he’s a quality footballer. Like you I know nothing about his off the field antics, but whenever I hear him being interviewed he comes across as grounded. I get the feeling he might not want to move from the area though, I’m pretty sure PL teams will be in for him this summer so will be interesting to see if he does move...

I agree. But I don’t think Grealish is much of a punt because he’s a quality footballer. Like you I know nothing about his off the field antics, but whenever I hear him being interviewed he comes across as grounded. I get the feeling he might not want to move from the area though, I’m pretty sure PL teams will be in for him this summer so will be interesting to see if he does move...
Fair enough. I don't think he is the finished artcle myself.
I know the market is crazy, but taking that into consideration how much would you be willing to part with for Grealish?

Back