• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Grealish

I wasn’t suggesting him as someone who’s the same as Dembele, we are unlikely to find another Dembele. I think he’s more a Modric type, picks the ball up deep and goes past players, good passer. It’s up to him how good he ends up being, but if Poch could get in his ear he would be seriously good. A risk worth taking IMO he wouldn’t cost the earth, but I know I’m fighting a losing battle on this one...
I think he’s more A.M., he wouldn’t be played in either deep CM role for us, so he’s up against Eriksen, Dele, Son, Moura and Lamela. Decent player but I prefer all our current 5.

I think he’s more A.M., he wouldn’t be played in either deep CM role for us, so he’s up against Eriksen, Dele, Son, Moura and Lamela. Decent player but I prefer all our current 5.
Where you think he should or would play for us is a different conversation, currently he’s very much a CM. People have been clamouring myself included for Eriksen to play Cm because we don’t have anyone pulling the strings from there. Grealish can do that...

Where you think he should or would play for us is a different conversation, currently he’s very much a CM. People have been clamouring myself included for Eriksen to play Cm because we don’t have anyone pulling the strings from there. Grealish can do that...
Mate he’s really not playing CM for Villa! Jedinak played that role yesterday (the deep lying CM position similar to spurs line up with Dier/Dembele), Grealish was in the line behind the striker with Adomah and Snodgrass.

We have Winks and Dembele currently to do that pulling strings role.

This is his heatmap from yesterday

Screenshot_20180527-121805_01.jpg

Playing Eriksen in CM makes no sense to me - he's brilliant where he is. If you move him then you lose his creativity further forward. Rather than move him out of his best position, we should just sign a back-up to Dembele

Mate he’s really not playing CM for Villa! Jedinak played that role yesterday (the deep lying CM position similar to spurs line up with Dier/Dembele), Grealish was in the line behind the striker with Adomah and Snodgrass.

We have Winks and Dembele currently to do that pulling strings role.
Tbf I have only seen highlights from yesterday but I’ve seen a lot of him this season and he’s Defo been CM and at times given a free role but even then still picks the ball up deep. If you don’t think he’s a CM then fair play. I think someone like him alongside a Wanyama or Dier would give a better balance to our CM especially given us having the main share of the ball for most games. Dembeles time looks like it could be coming to an end, and I’d wait a while longer before deciding what direction Winks’ career is going to go in, although he’s looked good no doubt...

Playing Eriksen in CM makes no sense to me - he's brilliant where he is. If you move him then you lose his creativity further forward. Rather than move him out of his best position, we should just sign a back-up to Dembele
We’ve seen benefits of him dropping deeper into that role already....

Grealish is no CM, not even close.

More a 10/attacking midfield player.

Hourahane, Whelan and Jedinak are the primary CMs for Villa. Onomah has played CM there as well. Grealish hasnt, he is an attacking player.

We’ve seen benefits of him dropping deeper into that role already....

At times we've had no choice either because of the lack of creativity from central midfield. Against teams parking the bus he can be pretty effective in midfield where he has more space to operate in.

On the plus side, he is English, so would help with our homegrown quota, and we have been running low on them lately. That's something we need to keep in mind an perhaps could drive a decision on which player to get, together with other factors.

He strikes me as a Shelvey type figure. A maverick who stands out in poor side, but who could never fit into a more effective functioning unit.

On yesterday's evidence, I thought Tom Cairney looked much more EPL suited/ready

Back