• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Grealish

We've got a very settled team

Other than maybe a fit again Winks coming in for Dembele and resolving the Alder situation, I think we can all predict the team for the first month or two of the season

Even a top drawer players will need to bide their time, like Moura did at the end of last season. An Nkoudou replacement like Grealish will probably have to wait for the league cup campaign.
You are assuming the likes of Eriksen and Dele will always be here and won't get injured. We need a creative attacking mid as back up for these two.

Not sure Moura quite fits that bill, too often runs into blind alleys / has no end product for my liking, likewise Lamela to a lesser extent.

Although he still has a long way to go, I have no doubt that Grealish has the potential to develop into a future replacement for the likes of Eriksen and Dele, maybe even Son. Yes he still needs to mature a lot but he's well on the way. So did Dele, but look at him now.

You are assuming the likes of Eriksen and Dele will always be here and won't get injured. We need a creative attacking mid as back up for these two.

Not sure Moura quite fits that bill, too often runs into blind alleys / has no end product for my liking, likewise Lamela to a lesser extent.

Although he still has a long way to go, I have no doubt that Grealish has the potential to develop into a future replacement for the likes of Eriksen and Dele, maybe even Son. Yes he still needs to mature a lot but he's well on the way. So did Dele, but look at him now.

So you think he can for Eriksson, dele or son? He must be some player to cover three players who play very different roles. Personally I've seen nothing from him that makes think he could cover either Eriksson or son.

I'm totally for this if it happens. You can see in his balance and agility on the ball that he can be a very special player and a rarity in a homegrown type. He'd come in, play 3 times and develop a really strong following straight away. I'm not bothered about his indiscretions as a youth - adversity is the best to learn from, and he seems to have learned from his mistakes.

You're demanding, and you like your men ripped and beefy?...

Only when I’m eating them

Onomah needs to do what winks and kane before did and become a man

It amazed me personally that when I was 18/19 I thought I was fit and strong but when I was 21/22 was when I was actually manly strong if that makes sense

Now I’m just a lump so no one to judge but looking at onomah he has people bouncing off him in his age group so no reason why hat shouldn’t be the case in adult football if he gets his physical shape right

Liverpool were linked to Grealish on Sunday, however a club source has dismissed those rumours, according to the Echo.
The newspaper says Liverpool find the speculation ‘baffling’, mainly because they ‘are targeting a higher calibre of player’.
------

A) What arrogant d*cks.

B) Lol when their summer signings flop

Liverpool were linked to Grealish on Sunday, however a club source has dismissed those rumours, according to the Echo.
The newspaper says Liverpool find the speculation ‘baffling’, mainly because they ‘are targeting a higher calibre of player’.
------

A) What arrogant d*cks.

Shades of Wenger re Modric. Not saying Grealish will ever be in that class but if he does come I look forward to the day his talent rubs their noses in it.

------

A) What arrogant d*cks.

What? Don't you think we are at a stage where we should also be going after higher calibre players than Grealish ?

What? Don't you think we are at a stage where we should also be going after higher calibre players than Grealish ?

Could be worse.... we could be buying players for £5m from the likes of MK Dons.. ;-)

I'm being facetious and playng devil's advocate a bit here tbh but if the rumours ARE true and we are interested then there must be a damned good reason for it.

Could be worse.... we could be buying players for £5m from the likes of MK Dons.. ;-)

I'm being facetious and playng devil's advocate a bit here tbh but if the rumours ARE true and we are interested then there must be a damned good reason for it.

Initially I was not keen on it, but by all accounts he had a better year last year and might have finally matured. I am waiting for more success on the transfer front. Sanchez was good but at the price we paid you would hope that you are buying a player of genuine class. The lower down signings have not been so good since Poch came to the club which is why if we can not buy top class players I would rather we just played youngster like walker peters and onomah and save the money for real top class players.

I must be honest though, I definitely have not seen enough to make an informed opinion on him either way

Poch will know after meeting with him whether he's got the desire to be an effective member of our squad. I very much doubt he's ready for Champions League and even Premier League option instead of Eriksen. However if he has the appetite to learn, pull his socks up (literally) and work his nuts off to improve, he'll be a risk worth taking. Especially given he's not going to break the bank.

SSN Steve Bruce interview

Aston Villa is a huge club with a huge history, but when you lose key personnel at any senior level how difficult does that make the manager's job?

"Very, very difficult because obviously I have come out and you want to go on holiday in three or four weeks. Of course, then it unravels, all of the problems the club has got itself into.

"And the first thing before we go into anything is that we have to address is Financial Fair Play - forget everything else for the moment. Financial Fair Play has to be addressed whether the owner has got any money or not, so we have to try and put that in place if we possibly can.

"Obviously, the owner has put out a statement. I had a conversation with him four or five days ago where I issued my commitment to the club, and to him, where I said: 'We're up against it, let's be open and honest, we might have to make decisions that might not be easy, we have to generate some money'.

"Inevitably that is going to be player sales. There are going to be people that I do not want to sell - and the obvious one is Jack [Grealish] - but people will know that we have got financial problems and they'll sit and wait, and wait, till Deadline Day possibly. I hope that doesn't happen but we've got to baton down the hatches and wait for it."

Does that make it an even more bitter pill to swallow? Because - let's be honest - Jack Grealish is a young English player with enormous potential, should be worth millions and millions on the open market, but the situation you find yourself in devalues him.

"And it's pretty brutal stuff out there. There will be nobody feeling sorry for Aston Villa because financially we have got ourselves in a bit of a pickle, so yes we have got to be ready for that.

"I have enjoyed working with Jack, and Jack is the obvious one that clubs [are going to target] because he had a wonderful six months. He reminded everybody as a 22-year-old what a very good player he is. On another day at Wembley (Play-Off final versus Fulham) he could have scored one of the great Wembley goals.

"He is a special talent, a real special talent, and yes, you don't want to lose him but the inevitable thing is we have to. We have to - to keep the club up and running and keep it in line with Financial Fair Play.

There is a scenario where not just Jack, but James Chester, Jonathan Kodjia also may not see your first game at Hull….

"I think we have got to be truthful to the supporters - that could happen. That is the inevitability. I didn't like to hear that and maybe the easier thing for me to do is say 'I don't like that' and then walking away from that.

"After thinking about it I thought the club is in trouble and if ever it needs me, with my experience to beg steal and borrow, then now is the time.

"We are a big, big, club; a huge club with a big fanbase and that will never change. We are having a tough time at the moment but we have got to try and steer our way through it and ride the storm if we possibly can, baton down the hatches and get on with the hand that we have been dealt at the moment.

"I have accepted it and committed myself to the cause and I think it is better to be open and honest with the supporters, warts and all, to say how it is. We know what to expect. We don't want to lose Grealish, Kodjia and Chester but the inevitability is we might have to so let's get ready for it."

The owner Dr Xia has issued a number of statements lately. He is clearly passionate about the club. He clearly wants the club to succeed but at the end of the day words are only so much are they not?

"He has made it pretty clear that he wants investment. I think that's pretty clear from the letter that he has put out.

"I don't think he wants to relinquish the whole control of the club. I think he wants to keep hold of it, so I think the whole club is looking for investment at the moment. If we get it great, if we don't obviously we will carry on as best we can until the owner decides what the next step is that he is going to take."

Back