• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

Here it is lads, my first shot of the season (no warmup on the range)! Feel free to comment.

Lined up aiming too far right with my body, made me come in over the top I think.

My aim was off for 14 holes before I got my adjustments right and finally I started hitting some good shots from the tee.

Managed to hit zero greens in regulation *clap clap clap* and 34 putts tells a story of a pretty rusty short game. Made a couple of pars, many bogeys and a 5 hole streak of doubles...

First round of the year for me today, new swing went really well, good tempo to it, hit a few not great shots but some absolute romper stompers including almost an eagle on a par five and another birdie, I shot 80 on a fairly easy par 71 course, bodes well for the summer

Playing my second round of the year tomorrow. I am a terrible golfer (never broken 100 yet) but am determined to get to the low 90s this year. Living in NY means great weather and loads of courses outside the city (and up in Connecticut).

Played front nine at Stiklestad yesterday evening and had an interesting day with my putter.
First 5 holes = 5 putts
Last 4 holes = 11 putts
I was focusing on turning more into my right foot in the backswing out on the course because I've been struggling with weak pushes from being stuck on my backfoot, not turning through the shot. Worked pretty good and I hit some superb shots here and there, including a 195 yard uphill shot into the 9th green which was converted to an easy par.

Just waiting on my lift for our game today. How's the swing going now Marky? When, how was the clinic

No Rory next week at British Open :(

Was really looking forward to watch him trying to defend his title from last year

Will be interesting to see if Spieth can make it 3 majors in a row

No Rory next week at British Open :(

Was really looking forward to watch him trying to defend his title from last year

Will be interesting to see if Spieth can make it 3 majors in a row

not being able to defend your trophy at the home of golf, wow, to say he's stupid would be the understatement of the year.

i'd lay spieth at short prices, luck runs out now

Not worth betting until you see the weather, in good weather St. Andrews is pretty defenceless. Weather up here hasn't been great though, narrows the field IMO.

Going to get some new clubs shortly, would like some brand new ones but haven't got a huge budget. Anyone got experience of buying any 2nd hand or any good sites selling them etc? Bit worried I'll have to spend a fair bit re-gripping them. I don't think wear and tear on the shaft or club head really matter a huge amount. Clubs don't tend to go off as far as I know.

Going to get some new clubs shortly, would like some brand new ones but haven't got a huge budget. Anyone got experience of buying any 2nd hand or any good sites selling them etc? Bit worried I'll have to spend a fair bit re-gripping them. I don't think wear and tear on the shaft or club head really matter a huge amount. Clubs don't tend to go off as far as I know.
Shafts will 100% disintegrate after a few years, epsecially graphite as it gets wharped, also depends on how people have looked after then

Have a look on golfbidder

Done my Open bets now all 7 places with Sky Bet

Rickie Fowler 25/1
Shane Lowry 33/1
Branden Grace 40/1
David Lingmerth 250/1
Henrik Stenson 20/1
Louis Oosthuizen 22/1

1st Round Leader 6 places

Bjorn 100/1
Luiten 80/1

Last edited:
I will dig some out, it is some scene there, the course didn't play that hard to be honest.

Wowzers, getting your fill then, where you playing?

Back