• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

Post a piccy of your set up, all I need for the new season is some new shoes and a gap wedge and im good to go

B-XOWaUIQAAab4q.jpg

I'm not a very good putter and have watched quite a few of his vids in days gone by. Always struck me as good. I never watched any of the chipping ones as I'm a decent chipper and didn't want to confuse myself .

Went to the range this morning, struggled a bit with this new swing plane and posture, I feel too robotic now

What's the issue with your swing plane, To flat or upright?
I had real issues trying to get mine more upright.

Sounds familiar, I had a real hard time with that. Getting the take away right was key for me, I just couldn't get it. My pro, who is a great guy, is very patient and placid but I think I took years off his life!
Flat isn't all bad, old school and out of fashion now kind you, but the hands inside is a killer.
Keep going, it will be worth it.

Ordered these new shoes today, all the tour players are raving about how comfortable they are, I need that with my feet

30151178_im__________0_gsi

Are we going to get ant decent weather this year? Its been blowing a hoolie here on the south coast for the last 6 months, just for once id like to play a round not in a 2/3 club wind!

What do people think about the masters then? I'd love to see McIlroy do the slam but there's quite a few decent up and coming players. Day seems to be always in the mix, Scott has looked good. Spieth (and his playing partner at the ryder cup - forgotten his name), Watson 2 x winner etc. I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Stenson win it but not sure his game is suited to it, not strong enough short game.

The Masters to Win 7 Places EW with Betfair

Jason Day 14/1
Dustin Johnson 16/1
Henrik Stenson 18/1
Jimmy Walker 22/1
Hideki Matsuyama 66/1
Zach johnson 80/1

The Masters 1st Round Leader 6 Places EW with Paddypower

Gary Woodland 66/1
Ryan Moore 70/1
Fred Couples 80/1
Padraig Harrington 80/1
Cameron Tringale 150/1

Not much value in the betting this year for outright but put some on Harrington, Cabrera, Jiminez e/w as crazy odds. Couples, Langer to lead after 1st round also lots of value.

For the first time ive done an accy of players to win their 3 ball. Not sure how many will come in but seems good fun.

Won the medal at my club today too. Shot 72 gross so got lowest gross and net (67) and got a two = £££

Why doesn't coverage start til 7, I will miss half of Rorys round.
The Masters committee decide on coverage start times, it was about 8pm tonight

How good is Spieth, played so well has had some huge slices of luck though

I've felt for a long time that Rose will win this, and he had a steady first round.

Tiger will collapse today and wont make the cut.

Winter in Norway is a golfer's nightmare, but now the season is finally here and I'm doing my first round of the year today, yay!
Got my hcp down to just under 10 last year, mainly thanks to not being a total idiot off the tee all the time. Put an Aldila NV green stiff shaft in my driver, which made it much straighter than the previous floppy shaft I had.

New in my bag this year is a Nikon Coolshot 20 laser, it's tiny! I wear a medium glove.
DSC_0008.JPG

I was going to buy some new wedges because I broke my Cleveland 588 DSG 54' on my final round last year :mad: but wedges are pretty expensive so I'm sticking with my backups Wilson TW9.

Right, tee off in two hours! :D

Back