• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

Poulter_2006-jerseys.jpg

I don't like the arrogant, snarling Poulter for many obvious reasons, but if he can hold on, he has played exceptionally to beat the world number one DJ who also fluked a twuntload of long putts

ian-poulter_1488320c.jpg

Maybe to a non golf fan he might be, he has been hugely successful world wide and has won WGC events and won this year in the US to get into the Masters

And he is Mr Ryder Cup

Yeah he had to qualify for the masters

How many players this weekend had to do that?

I’m not saying he is a poor golfer. What I said was he excels at the team game. He is truly up there with the very very best when it comes to the Ryder cup. In “normal golf” he doesn’t stand out against the other top 100

Last edited:
I’m not saying he is a pork golfer. What I said was he excels at the team game. He is truly up there with the very very best when it comes to the Ryder cup. In “normal golf” he doesn’t stand out against the other top 100

Mate I wouldn't mind being "average" at my job, winning 17 tournaments including 3 in the US and banking $45m in the process

There has been a lot of exceptional golfers who never won the 4 major's that are on offer every year Lee Westwood, Montgomerie, Donald, Casey, Fowler

The US wasted their wild cards. Tiger Woods may have just won his first tournament in eons but at his prime he was never that good at the Ryder Cup. He was either poor or average, never like the player at majors. Michelson, another never at his best in a team game, looks like he is heading for a beach grounding. The beluga in the Thames looks fitter. And then DeChambeau gets paired with Woods and Michelson.

Just to follow up this point. Europe's four wild cards contributed 6½ points to the 17½-10½ win (37% of the European score), while the American wildcards only contributed 1½ points (14% of their score). Three of their wild cards scored no points, whereas Garcia, Stentson and Poulter were among the top scorers. That European trio was chosen because of their records in the Ryder Cup, while the Woods and Michelson were chosen because of their major successes, despite their relatively poor Ryder Cup records. Neither are team players (remember Michelson's comments about Tom Watson?). Why would you think they would do better now than when in their prime?

Mate I wouldn't mind being "average" at my job, winning 17 tournaments including 3 in the US and banking $45m in the process

There has been a lot of exceptional golfers who never won the 4 major's that are on offer every year Lee Westwood, Montgomerie, Donald, Casey, Fowler

An average golfer is me and my mates

He is an elite golfer

But you talk to a non golf fan they would name many other players ahead

It doesn’t mean he isn’t one for the best but in a sport like this he isn’t the very best.... but as I was saying he does excel into one of the truly very best in the Ryder cup... America don’t have a player like him for this kind of competition

Not quite Michelson versus Watson, but ....

Patrick Reed criticises Spieth and Furyk in aftermath of US Ryder Cup defeat

Patrick Reed has admitted egos were a problem for the American team as he blamed Jordan Spieth for the end of their successful Ryder Cup partnership before going on to describe US captain Jim Furyk’s decision to leave him out of two sessions at Le Golf National as “not smart”.

“The issue’s obviously with Jordan not wanting to play with me,” Reed said. “I don’t have any issue with Jordan. When it comes right down to it, I don’t care if I like the person I’m paired with or if the person likes me as long as it works and it sets up the team for success. He and I know how to make each other better. We know how to get the job done.”

“For somebody as successful in the Ryder Cup as I am, I don’t think it’s smart to sit me twice,” added Reed, who beat Tyrrell Hatton in Sunday’s singles. “Every day [in the team room] I saw ‘Leave your egos at the door’. They [the Europeans] do that better than us.”

This is why the Americans are rarely as good as their players suggest they should be.

Not quite Michelson versus Watson, but ....

This is why the Americans are rarely as good as their players suggest they should be.

Then Reed gets paired with tiger who not only couldn't hit a barn door, but looked like he didn't care if he did. And it's all reeds fault lol, brilliant.

Back