• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

Some of the golf played was just ridiculous.

I stopped watching quite a while ago as it was only going one way and I couldn't take much more of those American fans!

I read or heard somewhere, can't remember who or where that Europe have golf fans going to watch them while the American have sport fans.

I'm just glad Keegan Bradley wasn't part of the team, easily the most annoying American golfer.

I turned it off as I could not stomach the fans.

Not taking anything away from the Americans, they won and rightly so, but their fans are so bad

Great to watch overall, some incredible golf on display. Seems to get better every time I watch it, enjoy it more and more.

Must say some great putts by the Americans but the course looked to be set up a little easy, there was barely no rough, the greens are huge etc and didn't seem to have many undulations on them. May just be how it looked on TV but there was almost no incentive to hit the fairway, from the rough or fairway bunkers didn't seem that hard a shot from what I saw. Maybe the players are just that good. The one at Whistling Straits will be good, love that course.

It seems that golf has almost become a driving fest now, a lot of players get over 300 yds and then it's just a wedge into the green. I think courses need to be re-designed to add something into the equation to combat this. I'm not sure making them longer is necessarily the answer but we'll see in 2020, Whistling Straits is a monster.

Great to watch overall, some incredible golf on display. Seems to get better every time I watch it, enjoy it more and more.

Must say some great putts by the Americans but the course looked to be set up a little easy, there was barely no rough, the greens are huge etc and didn't seem to have many undulations on them. May just be how it looked on TV but there was almost no incentive to hit the fairway, from the rough or fairway bunkers didn't seem that hard a shot from what I saw. Maybe the players are just that good. The one at Whistling Straits will be good, love that course.

It seems that golf has almost become a driving fest now, a lot of players get over 300 yds and then it's just a wedge into the green. I think courses need to be re-designed to add something into the equation to combat this. I'm not sure making them longer is necessarily the answer but we'll see in 2020, Whistling Straits is a monster.
Indeed, a lake, ravine or hedge at 300-350 which means you have to lay up in front of it

I turned it off as I could not stomach the fans.

Not taking anything away from the Americans, they won and rightly so, but their fans are so bad

US fans were so irritating up there with vuvuzelas in south Africa. It was sad, they spoilt a great event.

Bought a new putter.

blade_putter_face.jpg

Brand new, £50, it's a steal, it's a deal. Feels just as good as any £250 blade putter I've tried.

So who are your fancies

Dustin Johnson
Phil Mickleson
Jon Rahm
Marc Leishman
Hideki Matsuyama I like

Bet365 & SkyBet paying 8 places too

Love me some Louis Oosthuizen!

On a side note, got my "new" irons in the mail yesterday. Brand new set of Wilson FG Tour V2's, can't wait to get the season started!

Dustin Johnson has withdrawn from the Masters with a back injury :(

Such a shame for the tournament - he has been in fantastic form for a long time now

Back