• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Going to the Lane tonight.. [Spurs Ladies]

7percent

Pascal Chimbonda
Spurs Ladies v West Ham Ladies and tickets only a fiver. Anyone else going?

I'm going on my lonesome tonight, I've just noticed the news story on the official site and might be my last chance to get a ticket to the lane. Also, pretty certainly the last chance to see any silverware held aloft at the lane too ;)

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/ladies-v-west-ham-white-hart-lane-preview-190417/

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/totten...ef=9744&_ga=1.252697929.1794560387.1378112332

Let me know if you're going? I'll probably be in the Bricklayers after, they'll hopefully be showing the second half of Monaco v Dortmund.

Congratulations to Spurs Ladies. Women's football might not be everyone's taste and each to their own (I can't say I watch it myself). However It still requires commitment and dedication - these players are not employed on a professional basis, they are holding down jobs and training/playing in their own time.
This is a Spurs team that has won their league and that is deserving of congratulations.
Let's hope they are setting the trend for the men's team to follow this season!

Congratulations to Spurs Ladies. Women's football might not be everyone's taste and each to their own (I can't say I watch it myself). However It still requires commitment and dedication - these players are not employed on a professional basis, they are holding down jobs and training/playing in their own time.
This is a Spurs team that has won their league and that is deserving of congratulations.

+1

I did think that myself at the time, while watching. There wasn't nearly as much feigning injury and rolling around than the men's game. These women do it for themselves, nobody's paying them anything of consequence, so good for them.

Wonderful achievement. For all the bravado male fans pose against women's football, our ladies have done us proud. And would more than likely run rings around almost any male poster on this forum.

Eh. To be fair, there is a large developmental gap between men and women's football that's apparent in the broader sense (the enormously successful USWNT lost 8-2 to the U-17 men's team in 2015, for instance, and lost again (I think) to the current batch U-17s recently). Doesn't really help the cause of women's football to overlook the fact that the men's sides could probably outdo the women's sides at this stage in their development.

However, having played on a couple of coed sides at university, I can certainly say that women can launch into two-footed reducers as easily as men can - and since apparently that's the measure of football ability (if Eriksen's unfair treatment on here is any indicator ;) ) they're certainly very even on that score. :p

Eh. To be fair, there is a large developmental gap between men and women's football that's apparent in the broader sense (the enormously successful USWNT lost 8-2 to the U-17 men's team in 2015, for instance, and lost again (I think) to the current batch U-17s recently). Doesn't really help the cause of women's football to overlook the fact that the men's sides could probably outdo the women's sides at this stage in their development.

However, having played on a couple of coed sides at university, I can certainly say that women can launch into two-footed reducers as easily as men can - and since apparently that's the measure of football ability (if Eriksen's unfair treatment on here is any indicator ;) ) they're certainly very even on that score. :p

I meant your average bloke ;)

Mate, I played mixed 7-a-side in NZ for a bit. Never been clattered harder in my life! I remember this one lady in particular decided she was going to have my life for the whole game, first ten seconds I got one of those leg-out, knee follow through reducers. She could play as well. Quite a humbling experience!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Is it just me or does that photo show the woman at the bottom of the pile in an unfortunate position?

I meant your average bloke ;)

Mate, I played mixed 7-a-side in NZ for a bit. Never been clattered harder in my life! I remember this one lady in particular decided she was going to have my life for the whole game, first ten seconds I got one of those leg-out, knee follow through reducers. She could play as well. Quite a humbling experience!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Luckily I was generally a spectator to violence, being between the sticks - aggressive forwards aside, I could generally safely appreciate the irony in the opposition centre-half giving it large and then getting forcefully scythed down by an angry lady half his size in true Billy Bremner fashion. :)

Luckily I was generally a spectator to violence, being between the sticks - aggressive forwards aside, I could generally safely appreciate the irony in the opposition centre-half giving it large and then getting forcefully scythed down by an angry lady half his size in true Billy Bremner fashion. :)

Hahahaha!

Ah a fellow keeper. I played in goal for 11-a-side.

Hahahaha!

Ah a fellow keeper. I played in goal for 11-a-side.

Hey, a fellow maverick - congratulations on choosing the best position, mate. It's no coincidence that Albert Camus, Che and Vladimir Nabokov all chose to be goalies - we're the philosophical, introspective types who bring intellectual heft to an otherwise prosaic game.

*Or* just irredeemably mad masochists always one slip away from disaster. 50:50, really. ;)

Hey, a fellow maverick - congratulations on choosing the best position, mate. It's no coincidence that Albert Camus, Che and Vladimir Nabokov all chose to be goalies - we're the philosophical, introspective types who bring intellectual heft to an otherwise prosaic game.

*Or* just irredeemably mad masochists always one slip away from disaster. 50:50, really. ;)

It really is a thankless position! But I'm going to go with your first description, eloquently put as always ;)

Back