• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Glory-Glory Player of the Season 2016/17

Who is our player of the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Look, it's Kane FFS. Stop fannying around. Kane got the goals and led the team (don't tell me it is Mr Quiet Lloris leading the team). Kane is our talisman and best player. He would walk into any team in the world right now, he scored 7 in 2 games FFS!

OK. Two heats. Pick your top three from each group, the top four will go through to the final.

Group 1

Vertonghen
Walker
Alli
Eriksen
Rose
Lloris

Group 2

Dier
Alderweireld
Wanyama
Dembele
Son
Kane

Tough on Verts and Toby

it's a high bar this year, Toby missed a large chunk of games too

maybe i'm over critical (i know, me) but I felt Verts (as an experienced and senior squad member) could have shown more leadership at times, same for Hugo and Toby

it's a high bar this year, Toby missed a large chunk of games too

maybe i'm over critical (i know, me) but I felt Verts (as an experienced and senior squad member) could have shown more leadership at times, same for Hugo and Toby

I think that Verts really stepped up a level this year. I've been impressed with his leadership and with our performances whilst Toby was out.

I think that Verts really stepped up a level this year. I've been impressed with his leadership and with our performances whilst Toby was out.

last couple of months yeah, earlier in the season, and during our european games in particular, I felt we lacking something at the back

which of the others would you favour either over?

OK. Two heats. Pick your top three from each group, the top four will go through to the final.

Group 1

Vertonghen
Walker
Alli
Eriksen
Rose
Lloris

Group 2

Dier
Alderweireld
Wanyama
Dembele
Son
Kane

Verts, Alli, Walker

Alder, Wanyama, Kane

Alli, Eriksen, Vertonghen.

Wanyama, Kane, Son.

It feels harsh, having to single out one of them for praise. Personally I'd go for Eriksen overall, as he picked up his game when we badly needed someone to. Wanyama comes a close second.

Best individual half of season - Eriksen, second half.

Overall...

1. Verts
2. Kane
3. Ali

Close for Eriksen, Victor, and Dembele. Walker also had excellent season, as have pretty much all of the team.

Group 1

Vertonghen
Walker
Alli
Eriksen
Rose
Lloris

Group 2

Dier
Alderweireld
Wanyama
Dembele
Son
Kane

Very difficult from the first group. Alli, Eriksen and another. Rose missed too many games. Walker was very good but not as essential as last season (Trippier added something different). It's really a toss up between Vertonghen and Lloris.

From the second groups: Alderweireld (our defensive rock since he arrived), Kane and another. Son was arguably most improved but isn't a candidate for best player. Dier was better last season. Wanyama came in and made the position his own so he will get my third vote.

Verts, Dele, Eriksen and Rose go through to the final. The second heat will be added in a minute.

Back