• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Giovani Lo Celso

Remember when we sold Modric and got in Dembele. People were convinced that Dembele was gonna be ball playing central midfielder because the heard the phrase 'Modric replacement'.

It's the same with our 'Eriksen replacement'
Yep. A bit like Lamela was the Bale replacement. But they’re very different players. He wasn’t a pacy winger

Remember when we sold Modric and got in Dembele. People were convinced that Dembele was gonna be ball playing central midfielder because the heard the phrase 'Modric replacement'.

It's the same with our 'Eriksen replacement'

100%. I am sure that we are going to see a change in the way that we play once the new players are settled in. I think that we are going to be a lot more incisive and the press will be back.

So if we don't finish in the Top 4 do we still have first option to sign him? Or we don't finish in the European places (unlikely I know)? No-one will be able to swoop in for him like we did with Toby next summer?

So if we don't finish in the Top 4 do we still have first option to sign him? Or we don't finish in the European places (unlikely I know)? No-one will be able to swoop in for him like we did with Toby next summer?

We're obliged to sign him if we qualify for the Champions League

Play him at number ten, Eriksen will be off to Spain before their window shuts.

Even if he stays till January or next summer, we've got to begin that transition process. The same with Alder and Sanchez, and Rose and Sessegnon.

If all things are roughly the same (form and fitness), we have to back the future

Even if he stays till January or next summer, we've got to begin that transition process. The same with Alder and Sanchez, and Rose and Sessegnon.

If all things are roughly the same (form and fitness), we have to back the future

I thought Eriksen would have gone by now though now dont think its a forgone conclusion that he will go. I like Eriksen though perhaps there might be a little more modesty in his views on which clubs might be interested in him. As a result, feels like the door might be ajar to offering him a new contract again with a relatively modest release clause e.g. he can go for £50m - £60m in the next year or so if [Real, Barca, Bayern and 1-2 others] come in for him. I dont think he's someone who is completely motivated by money so would drop down to a weaker team purely for money so this wouldnt prevent him moving for footballing reasons

I thought Eriksen would have gone by now though now dont think its a forgone conclusion that he will go. I like Eriksen though perhaps there might be a little more modesty in his views on which clubs might be interested in him. As a result, feels like the door might be ajar to offering him a new contract again with a relatively modest release clause e.g. he can go for £50m - £60m in the next year or so if [Real, Barca, Bayern and 1-2 others] come in for him. I dont think he's someone who is completely motivated by money so would drop down to a weaker team purely for money so this wouldnt prevent him moving for footballing reasons

Personally I am fully expecting him to move to Spain in the next week or so. My view is I hope its Athletico Madrid, I really think thats the best fit. BUT, Real are likely to get desperate and just grab any player they can - so wouldnt be surprised if he went there (no chance they get Pogba now IMO).

If he stays thats a lot more complicated.

We have to question the value in playing someone who just isnt committed. If he isnt here for the long term, we need to move onto players that are.

So I could see him used a bit initially, to keep the team ticking along, and then phased out for Lo Celso as he comes up to speed.

Or I can see him just not playing. Really depends how he carries himself.

Back