• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Getting tired of work

Money, beyond a certain point, is not really important to your family. Time, attitude, health etc. Don't overdo it with the 4 hours per night and stress, illness will be creeping up on you. You are not a super-robot.

True enough, I wish I had spent more time with my parents before they passed, I guess that is normal after they are gone you think of questions you wished you had asked them. I spend a lot of time with the wife, son and my sister and her children so I dont miss out there. But I had a Brother I had not spoken to for 10 ten years.

As for the health, the are indeed lots of studies that show a correlation between general health and diet and serious disease, I wish i had eaten a little better and not done as many drugs and drunk as much booze when I was younger.

Money, beyond a certain point, is not really important to your family. Time, attitude, health etc. Don't overdo it with the 4 hours per night and stress, illness will be creeping up on you. You are not a super-robot.
I agree with all but the last sentence!

I don't work to a point where there is excess, just enough that we have a comfortable life - decent house, cars, clothes, holidays, education, ect. I might be a dyed in the wool consumerist, but for me that makes work worthwhile - knowing that (within reason) if I want something I buy it.

I agree with all but the last sentence!

I don't work to a point where there is excess, just enough that we have a comfortable life - decent house, cars, clothes, holidays, education, ect. I might be a dyed in the wool consumerist, but for me that makes work worthwhile - knowing that (within reason) if I want something I buy it.

Genuine question - do you think nice cars and clothes make you happier? Or do you think they bring you pleasure, but not necessarily happiness?

If the former, I guess people are just different - having more free time outside of work, and less stress and exhaustion, is worth infinitely more to me than nice consumer goods.

Indeed I find modern society's obsession with career success and consumer goods genuinely weird and surprising - seems like almost everyone's suffering with some sort of physical or mental health issue because of it, or at least just a lack of wellbeing / happiness!

Back