• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Georginio Wijnaldum

Rafa wouldn't even talk to them let alone tell them to fudge off.

Rafa is still at Saudi Sportswashing Machine because there is a bond and an affinity with our supporters. He also has a contract that gives him full control on all footballing matters.

He's going nowhere.

Like the bond and affinity they had with the previous 12 managers in the last decade

Utter horsebrick.

I'm doing you a favour pointing all this out mate... You are setting yourself up for an almighty fall.

Bonds are extremely rare in modern day football and some fat bald men chanting someone's name for a couple of months certainly doesn't create one! If you can send a couple of the fittest Geordie slags over to Rafa's house every week you might have a chance of keeping him IF he proves a success as manager.

If Spurs weren't in the CL and arsenal came calling for Poch there's every chance he'd be gone. It's the way the modern game is.

This is a bit different. Benitez has been there and done that, now he wants a stable long term project and a happy family life. He finally has that - I also doubt many clubs would give him the control he has here, written into his contract. Full control of all footballing matters. He's not rebuilding a team he's rebuilding a broken institution and of course it will take time. A season the the championship might actually help that - a chance to rebuild a bit more slowly. We've shipped out a load of has Beene and made some decent signings.

£27M up front cash for Wijnaldum, Benitez was furious all media questions about Wijnaldum after our game yesterday so Liverpool were issued with an ultimatum. £27m in next 12 hours or not for sale, deal off. They have now agreed to pay the £27m in cash up front. He scores goals and has good close control but I think we've robbed them blind - totally anonymous in general play last season. £27m a very good deal for Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

This is a bit different. Benitez has been there and done that, now he wants a stable long term project and a happy family life. He finally has that - I also doubt many clubs would give him the control he has here, written into his contract. Full control of all footballing matters. He's not rebuilding a team he's rebuilding a broken institution and of course it will take time. A season the the championship might actually help that - a chance to rebuild a bit more slowly. We've shipped out a load of has Beene and made some decent signings.

£27M up front cash for Wijnaldum, Benitez was furious all media questions about Wijnaldum after our game yesterday so Liverpool were issued with an ultimatum. £27m in next 12 hours or not for sale, deal off. They have now agreed to pay the £27m in cash up front. He scores goals and has good close control but I think we've robbed them blind - totally anonymous in general play last season. £27m a very good deal for Saudi Sportswashing Machine.
I always admire the blind optimism and naivety of the folks of the North East. You lot are definitely glass half full types up there.

And someone had the audacity to question me labelling them a deluded bunch!

I don't want to spoil this guys dreams so by all means carry on mate and if some sort of relative success comes, then the true nature of modern day football (not the imagined one in your head) will bare itself.

With regards the transfer fee for wijnaldrum, yes that is a truly incredible deal. I wanted him at Spurs but I was fully aware that he struggled for much of last season, despite his goals but at the right transfer fee - which for me was an absolute maximum of £16m - Poch could work some magic and help him back on to the right path given the potential he always showed at psv.

However for a club to go and pay £27m for him is imo absolutely staggering and seriously brings into question what on earth is going on amongst that transfer committee at Liverpool football club.

And someone had the audacity to question me labelling them a deluded bunch!

I don't want to spoil this guys dreams so by all means carry on mate and if some sort of relative success comes, then the true nature of modern day football (not the imagined one in your head) will bare itself.

With regards the transfer fee for wijnaldrum, yes that is a truly incredible deal. I wanted him at Spurs but I was fully aware that he struggled for much of last season, despite his goals but at the right transfer fee - which for me was an absolute maximum of £16m - Poch could work some magic and help him back on to the right path given the potential he always showed at psv.

However for a club to go and pay £27m for him is imo absolutely staggering and seriously brings into question what on earth is going on amongst that transfer committee at Liverpool football club.
That was me and Ill happily question you on it again - You labelled them deluded for their valuation of the said player, I provided you a response as to why there was no delusion involved and you haven't proved my response incorrect in any way. Calling Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans deluded is a difficult argument altogether....

On this bit, I think you are spot on. Actually you could be describing Chadli above instead of Wijnaldum. £27mil for a player who is a decent finisher though lacks in motivation is an exorbitant price. Well done on that. Sissoko to Arsenal for about £40mil and the parachute payments should set you up for a quick return to the PL.

Rafa's transfer history at LIverpool was shocking though so I would be too optimistic about challenging at the top of the PL any time soon.

On this bit, I think you are spot on. Actually you could be describing Chadli above instead of Wijnaldum. £27mil for a player who is a decent finisher though lacks in motivation is an exorbitant price. Well done on that. Sissoko to Arsenal for about £40mil and the parachute payments should set you up for a quick return to the PL.

Rafa's transfer history at LIverpool was shocking though so I would be too optimistic about challenging at the top of the PL any time soon.

Only Liverpool would go anywhere near the supposed valuation of £35m for sissoko, which is even more of a ridiculous valuation than the wijnaldrum one.

Sissoko is very average imo and doesn't even have the potential that wijnaldrum at least has.

This whole sissoko thing seems to be based on some yaya toure style runs he did in the euros final! Incredible!

Where £16m is a fair fee for wijnaldrum (although a little over his real valuation) sissoko I would spend an absolute maximum of £10m on. For people to be suggesting £40m... Well words fail me on this one, they really do.

Only Liverpool would go anywhere near the supposed valuation of £35m for sissoko, which is even more of a ridiculous valuation than the wijnaldrum one.

Sissoko is very average imo and doesn't even Haverhill potential that wijnaldrum at least has.

This whole sissoko thing seems to be based on some yaya toure style runs he did in the euros final! Incredible!

Where £16m is a fair few for wijnaldrum (although a little over his real valuation) sissoko I would spend an absolute maximum of £10m on. For people to be suggesting £40m... Well words fail me on this one, they really do.
Totally agree but those Euro performances, and he was good to be fair, have peaked the interest of Everton and Juventus apparently (the internet never lies). The crazy price is being set by Saudi Sportswashing Machine who are cashing in on these players while their stock is high, and who would blame them.
Mad money all around.

It gets bigger.

Being reported up here it's actually £32.5m - the £27m cash for us plus the rest goes to PSV.

Liverpool, a poor man's Man United. You'd think the money was on fire given how eager they are to get rid of it.

The big thing is that its realy arguable whether they have actually strengthened, they have got rid of average players and replaced them with different average players. Unless Klopp feels the replacements better suit his system.

I generally respect your views Greg but you seem to be going through this semi-deluded, semi-LongingToBelieveThatTheOther15Didn'tWorkButThisOneDefinantlyWill, wanting to marry your manager phase that many on here seem to have with Poch. Do you not think that he had the happy family life and stable project thing at Liverpool? If anything much, much, happier as both his daughters for the most part grew up in Liverpool and he had won a Champions League medal in one of the greatest finals ever there.

He's only been at Saudi Sportswashing Machine for 4 months and in that time has suffered a relegation! If Valencia were to say we'll take you back Rafa do you honestly think he'd be around long enough to turn the lights off on his way out?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine fans are a lot like Spurs fans, or any modern football fan for that matter, in which if 10 games in you aren't in the top half of the Championship the daggers will be at his heart faster than a bullet travels an inch. I'm talking speed of light stuff here.

Not to mention your owner is Mike Ashley who also has previous for dumping people once the fans start to turn on him, which knowing Toon fans and their decade long protest will be 2 miniutes before the new season kicks off.

It gets bigger.

Being reported up here it's actually £32.5m - the £27m cash for us plus the rest goes to PSV.
I think Saudi Sportswashing Machine could push it towsrds 100 mill and Liverpool would still pay it

Totally agree but those Euro performances, and he was good to be fair, have peaked the interest of Everton and Juventus apparently (the internet never lies). The crazy price is being set by Saudi Sportswashing Machine who are cashing in on these players while their stock is high, and who would blame them.
Mad money all around.
Was he actually any good in the Euros?.... I admit that he caught the eye with surging runs, but the end product looked woeful just about every time.

Was he actually any good in the Euros?.... I admit that he caught the eye with surging runs, but the end product looked woeful just about every time.
Well my memory is fading (quickly) but in the final for instance he had a bunch of shots at the end of some of those runs. He didn't score so technically no end product but he was the best on show for France in that 1st half IMO.

Edit: pretty good highlights reel you have to admit (albeit with some aimless surges tbf)

Back