• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Georginio Wijnaldum

you win GHod damn you

Lyall Thomas ‏@SkySportsLyall 7s7 seconds ago
Full story; Spurs end interest in Wijnaldum. Pochettino deems him too expensive: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11675/10507177/tottenham-end-interest-in-newcastles-georginio-wijnaldum… N'Koudou medical passed #THFC

:cool:

I love how they padded that out into a 'story' by adding the nonsense about how Wijnaldum "is also 25 and Pochettino prefers to pursue players that are under this age" - because of course he wasn't interested before the high price and he has never bought a player who is 25 or older before (Toby, Wanyama, Fazio..)
You gotta Love it!

Good, good clickbait:)

Although i did like the bit when they said Spurs "are understood to remain interested in adding another attacking midfielder, if the right player comes along."

I'm not susceptible to clickbait....honest...:oops:

"Full story with reasons" :D
Shall we have a game of 'guess the reason'?
I'll go first: i think they'll say "the asking price that Saudi Sportswashing Machine set was too high"
Your turn..
Ashley " Liverpool came in threw silly money at us so we told Spurs to do one"

I'm glad we have pulled out of this one after their absolutely obsurd valuation, which is clearly based on nothing but delusions in their mind - it is a club after all that do delusions better than most.

Surely now Yunus Malli is a certainty given he visited the lane last season as a guest, is apparently someone Poch likes and his buy out clause means he's attainable as a bargain £8.5m.

Looks to me as we are shaping up with Dier, Wanyama, Dembele, Benteleb/Mason, Malli?, Alli, Eriksen, Lamela, Son, N'koudou.

For me this means that either Benteleb or Mason will be sold as will Carroll and Chadli.

Loans for Winks and Onamah whilst N'jie and Pritchard will also be loaned out or sold.

I'm glad we have pulled out of this one after their absolutely obsurd valuation, which is clearly based on nothing but delusions in their mind - it is a club after all that do delusions better than most.

Surely now Yunus Malli is a certainty given he visited the lane last season as a guest, is apparently someone Poch likes and his buy out clause means he's attainable as a bargain £8.5m.

Looks to me as we are shaping up with Dier, Wanyama, Dembele, Benteleb/Mason, Malli?, Alli, Eriksen, Lamela, Son, N'koudou.

For me this means that either Benteleb or Mason will be sold as will Carroll and Chadli.

Loans for Winks and Onamah whilst N'jie and Pritchard will also be loaned out or sold.
Why on earth are Saudi Sportswashing Machine deluded? They have an international standard midfielder who they don't want to sell, and don't need the cash - therefore they put an inflated price on his head and if someone wants to pay it then more fool them. Enter Liverpool...

Liverpool beat Spurs to the signing of a young talented international footballer who plays for a major football nation. The "greatest club in history"s decline has been reversed by the beautiful Klopp. He really is the messiah. This year is their year. Really. It is definitely their year. This year. Surely they are guaranteed to be champions now with Firmino and Wijnaldum leading their attack.

Liverpool beat Spurs to the signing of a young talented international footballer who plays for a major football nation. The "greatest club in history"s decline has been reversed by the beautiful Klopp. He really is the messiah. This year is their year. Really. It is definitely their year. This year. Surely they are guaranteed to be champions now with Firmino and Wijnaldum leading their attack.

Unless Liverpool stump up the money, in cash, no installments. He's going nowhere.

Came off the bench tonight at Doncaster.

Surely Liverpool have to get rid of some of their players too

Their squad must be the largest in the league now

Do they still have that winger they signed from Benfica, who was brick, yet they paid £20m for him and he has been on loan pretty much all the time

Unless Liverpool stump up the money, in cash, no installments. He's going nowhere.

Came off the bench tonight at Doncaster.

With allardyce set for England I do wonder if Sunderland will take Benitez?

He wouldn't have to move house as the two clubs are nearby.

Instant return to the prem for Rafa or will Sunderland opt for Moyes instead?

With allardyce set for England I do wonder if Sunderland will take Benitez?

He wouldn't have to move house as the two clubs are nearby.

Instant return to the prem for Rafa or will Sunderland opt for Moyes instead?

Rafa wouldn't even talk to them let alone tell them to fudge off.

Rafa is still at Saudi Sportswashing Machine because there is a bond and an affinity with our supporters. He also has a contract that gives him full control on all footballing matters.

He's going nowhere.

It's all true. Not had this since Keegan's first stint as manager.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine is reborn.

Sounds like Liverpool have finally put in an acceptable bid. That being £25m in cash, up front.

Rafa wouldn't even talk to them let alone tell them to fudge off.

Rafa is still at Saudi Sportswashing Machine because there is a bond and an affinity with our supporters. He also has a contract that gives him full control on all footballing matters.

He's going nowhere.

If they offered him a hike in wages and full control on transfers he'd be gone in a heartbeat. Sunderland and Saudi Sportswashing Machine are very similar sized clubs, although Sunderland are historically the more successful, so of course with the right conditions he would go there.

You aren't really that naive to believe this bond nonesense surely!

Don't forget once you were relegated he didn't commit himself at first - he scoured his options and when he saw there was nothing better he opted to stay.

He will either flop next season in an unaccustomed league not suited to his methods and leave or he will thrive and then get snapped up by someone else.

The idea that the combination of Mike Ashley, that bafoon dof and Rafa Benitez is some sort of return to past glories (that never existed anyway) is a fallacy!

Back