• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Georges-Kévin NKoudou

I can't believe some of the stuff I'm reading on here about Daniel Levy and his supposed penny pinching. The truth is that none of us know what actually goes on during transfer negotiations. All this stuff is speculation and hearsay. But ultimately our Chairman has delivered this window. I'm personally delighted with all our new signings, and our manager has been backed. Onwards and upwards!

Saw a tweet earlier which claimed to be his, making a joke about him now being 40 and and not as quick as he once was.

Was that real? If so the guy is a legend already.

Sent from my Nokia 3210

Like I said, fair play to them for recognizing how long it took, and the video's a bit amusing (although it's a copy of the stuff Arsenal's been putting out on their own Twitter about those blokes they signed yesterday). Doesn't preclude the possibility that the Guardian's allegations are right, and that, consequently, their unconvincing implicit reliance on the 'power shift' argument is just a bunch of horsesh*t.

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...delayed-tottenhams-georges-kevin-nkoudou-deal

An equally reputable reporter says that it is not horsebrick. The Guardian is no more a paragon for truthful reporting than Sky Sports.

Whether it is penny-pinching, power shifts, Poch not being convinced that he wanted to lose N'Jie, N'Jie having trouble getting a visa for France because of the terror attacks, it doesn't really matter. Your assumption is that having him in earlier could have improved results to an extent that the £1.6m saved could be a false saving. By all accounts, GKN is not one for now and my guess is that he will not start for a while until he gets use to the Poch press/tactics. So, why does it matter if he arrived today, yesterday, last week, last month or 2 months ago?

I get the point you are making. Of course it is ideal that all signings are in on time for pre-season. No arguments there. But, sometimes, just sometimes, other parties don't want to play ball. If Levy was a penny pinching bastard who had no regard for footballing matters and just wanted to save on fee, then we would not have signed players early. He'd have renegotiated Wanyama's fee 3 times over and then the payment terms 3 times as well. Janssen could easily have been dragged out to save a penny or two. I think Levy has shown plenty of examples of deals done early.

Even the mighty Chelsea have had to resort to doing deals on the last day. Just look at the number of deals that have been done in the last couple of days. Are all those chairmen "penny-pinchers" as well? Or is that just for Levy.

It is too simplistic to run with the narrative that Levy penny pinching is the reason for all of our delays. His hard negotiating stance has also meant we have made some early signings. There are so many variables that will result in the delay of any transfer and I think the fact that you always resort to blaming Levy just makes it appear that you don't rate him at all. His record (and I know we have gone over this before) speaks for itself. Even if I grant you the others that have done better (which I don't). he would still be in the top 10 chairmen in Europe no?

He has backed Poch, and we are now a net spender!! Credit to you for recognising this at least with regards to the Sissoko transfer. Also credit to you for saying what you think.

Saw a tweet earlier which claimed to be his, making a joke about him now being 40 and and not as quick as he once was.

Was that real? If so the guy is a legend already.

Sent from my Nokia 3210

Yeas it was real. Came from his verified Twitter account. Given that he doesn't appear to have much English It may be that the tweet was crafted by the club to go along with the light humour theme of the newsreel video they put out, but still reflects well on him to have done it.

Welcome Georges!

Don't know anything about him. So not sure what to make of this signing. I guess he is a replacement for Chadli. Remember Chadli had a decent goal scoring record for us but was too inconsistent. So, hope he will do much better than Chadli.

To be honest if the club wants a player whether it takes 40 days or 40 minutes it matters not. He signed before the end of the window and is a Spurs player, that is the important thing.

Disagree. Most exciting signing we have got! Check you tube. He looks amazing and doesn't lose a pass or tackle at all in the whole 6 minutes of video! Plus he scores goals in it too!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Danny Murphy just said a french mate that has seen him play a bit has described him as a poor Theo Walcott!! Now even if that's gonad*s and he still has potential to improve then it goes to show he isn't the real deal yet.

I wouldn't listen to anything Danny Murphy says.

That would be the same Danny Murphy who forecast the goals will flow from Benteke when at Liverpool? On an other point I worked in publishing all my working life and never knew a journalist who did not complain about people being penny pinching, they are all first class at spending other peoples money.

Interesting quote from Gunter Jacob, the OM sporting director: ""Mr. Levy is not the easiest in negotiations, but I must say he was very straight with us. I worked well with him. It was difficult, but I'm happy that we were finally able to complete the transfer."

Professional respect for our man.

Interesting quote from Gunter Jacob, the OM sporting director: ""Mr. Levy is not the easiest in negotiations, but I must say he was very straight with us. I worked well with him. It was difficult, but I'm happy that we were finally able to complete the transfer."

Yep, Levy may not always be liked, but I'm pretty sure in football circles he is admired for how he runs his ship.

"Very straight". So, therefore, he doesn't renegotiate every detail? Maybe the Guardian article was not telling the truth at all!!

Aulas called Levy "his friend" the other day. Surely you can't be a friend if you've alienated every chairman that you have done a deal with. I mean after Lloris, we had apparently burnt all of our bridges and were completely unprofessional.

"Very straight". So, therefore, he doesn't renegotiate every detail? Maybe the Guardian article was not telling the truth at all!!

Aulas called Levy "his friend" the other day. Surely you can't be a friend if you've alienated every chairman that you have done a deal with. I mean after Lloris, we had apparently burnt all of our bridges and were completely unprofessional.
If Levy says you're his friend.... you're his friend

Back