• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Telegraph linking us as a contender to sign Fulham's nimble footed Patrick Roberts. We must be in with a shout for him as we've been identified, in a normally hostile media entity, as one of 'The Big Six'.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...gues-big-six-all-want-to-buy-this-summer.html

Chich (Japanese lady garden lover now known as) will be happy with this link...i seem to remember him talking in glowing terms about Roberts a few years ago (same with Jordi Gomez at charlton)

Roberts can play on the right side as an inverted winger, so that will interest MoPo

i think we should be looking at Marseilles Gignac and Ayew on bosman transfers and Jay Rodriguez for 15 mill

i think we should be looking at Marseilles Gignac and Ayew on bosman transfers and Jay Rodriguez for 15 mill

I don't especially rate Gignac. He's very much a poor man's Giroud, lacking OG's aerial attributes.

Ayew I do like though - an ideal wide forward for a Poch/Bielsa system

Patrick Roberts would be a good signing, although how we would fit him in I don't know. Has he been getting regular minutes at Fulham this season?

I don't especially rate Gignac. He's very much a poor man's Giroud, lacking OG's aerial attributes.

Ayew I do like though - an ideal wide forward for a Poch/Bielsa system

Gignac would be a decent option to have on the bench. He is mobile, hard working, he is getting better as he ages, a bit of a Rickie Lambert. Effectively we need a back up for Kane, how many players will be willing to be back up, we don't have much money, so Gignac on a bosman and a chance for him to play in a bigger league under a manager in the mould of his current boss Bielsa must be somehow attractive

Plus, having flourished under Bielsa, Gignac wouldn't need time to adapt to working with Poch

Real challenge for us is likely to be how many and how quickly can we offload some of the not suited for Poch players.

Real challenge for us is likely to be how many and how quickly can we offload some of the not suited for Poch players.

Surely you know the score by now? We'll only manage to shift about half of those that need to go - the majority on deadline day.

We have to shift a lot of dead wood. It could easily be 8 or 9 players as an extreme case and we will need to buy some replacements for some of them (naturally promoting form within where possible)

We really need teams like QPR or hill to stay up as they seem keen on our dross

On a serious note the club has to weigh up who we can sell against who we want and take a reality check to balance that up. We can't afford to be left with the likes of Crapoue and Poorlinho on the payroll but have no real squad place for them

Chich (Japanese lady garden lover now known as) will be happy with this link...i seem to remember him talking in glowing terms about Roberts a few years ago (same with Jordi Gomez at charlton)
With him and Ali I feel we would have the best young players in the country, we stopped after Parrett and Bostock did not come through. But for a club of our size it is the clever option.

I like him and he has the real pace we need, whether he will fulfil his potential is another matter.

With him and Ali I feel we would have the best young players in the country, we stopped after Parrett and Bostock did not come through. But for a club of our size it is the clever option.

I like him and he has the real pace we need, whether he will fulfil his potential is another matter.

Roberts has everything except the profile at the moment. If he doesn't make the grade it won't be from poor technique

We would be an almost perfect move for him with our current set up and the promote form within model

Stobart has been saying that for a LOOONG time though. He has no particular insight any longer.

Stobbart just doesn't like him/DoFs - he's been slagging him off since day 1.

Baldini has recruited Mitchell and Rob MacKenzie to work under him, so is clearly being backed to build his own scouting infrastructure. A DoF is a long term appointment that takes years to bear fruits (Comolli left the club in 2008, but his squad didn't mature/peak until 2010/11)

Stobart has been saying that for a LOOONG time though. He has no particular insight any longer.

That's been my impression too. He did seem to get quite a few things right when AVB was here, but since then he's not shown more insight than any other reasonably intelligent journalist.

Everything in that article could have been speculation from a fan, for now at least I won't give it any more credit than that.

Back