• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

from the THST meeting minutes

- THFC’s transfer comfort zone was with younger players around the £10-15m price range and they would look to return to that policy
- Was felt that moving away from this strategy in Summer 2013 hadn’t worked well for THFC, however, DL was keen to stress the Club had backed the Coach and Technical Director with those purchases

from the THST meeting minutes

- THFC’s transfer comfort zone was with younger players around the £10-15m price range and they would look to return to that policy
- Was felt that moving away from this strategy in Summer 2013 hadn’t worked well for THFC, however, DL was keen to stress the Club had backed the Coach and Technical Director with those purchases

Very sensible.

From Modric, Berbatov and Bale, to Lloris, Eriksen and Verts, it’s the policy that has served us best.

Yeah previous policy was young up and comers mostly 10-15m and then the odd cheapy experienced head like Naybet, Gallas, Davids etc. If an opportunity comes up for a Van Der Vaart or Adebayor deal we should look at it but mostly stick to the blue print

I am another for agreeing with this policy, I think the value you can get from the 10-15m market when scouted properly is far better thhen value from the 15-30m market where for us and others the are a lot of hit and missed.

In players like that the seems more dangers as to what can go wrong, like Soldado may seem as he scores a lot of goals that he is a top striker so worth that amount but scoring goals in a foreign league has muddied the waters. Where as if we went for players at 10-15m like a bony or benteke then we would have done better, but even if we went for a striker in this price range it still would not have hurt us as much as Soldado has.

The more I think about the Soldado deal the more it amazes me, going for someone that old who had never done it out of his own league, utter mugs we were.

I am another for agreeing with this policy, I think the value you can get from the 10-15m market when scouted properly is far better thhen value from the 15-30m market where for us and others the are a lot of hit and missed.

In players like that the seems more dangers as to what can go wrong, like Soldado may seem as he scores a lot of goals that he is a top striker so worth that amount but scoring goals in a foreign league has muddied the waters. Where as if we went for players at 10-15m like a bony or benteke then we would have done better, but even if we went for a striker in this price range it still would not have hurt us as much as Soldado has.

The more I think about the Soldado deal the more it amazes me, going for someone that old who had never done it out of his own league, utter mugs we were.

Just another thing we have to thank avb for.... Imagine if he got all the signings he wanted... Shudder

yeah, like Leandro Damaio :eek:......

Were we not linked with Damaio under Harry's rein? I'm sure the press had us strongly linked with him, but then he suffered a bad knee injury and we heard nothing until he returned at which point AVB was in charge and then all of a sudden we were in for him again, at least until it was clear the club were'nt intereseted and the story died.

Yeah previous policy was young up and comers mostly 10-15m and then the odd cheapy experienced head like Naybet, Gallas, Davids etc. If an opportunity comes up for a Van Der Vaart or Adebayor deal we should look at it but mostly stick to the blue print

I think to some extent those type of players were needed by particular managers (Jol and Redknapp) who were more motivation than tactics. I think someone like Poch is so all controlling, that he needs younger and/or more passive/recipient players

I think to some extent those type of players were needed by particular managers (Jol and Redknapp) who were more motivation than tactics. I think someone like Poch is so all controlling, that he needs younger and/or more passive/recipient players

Disagree.

Looking at somewhat similar managers like Simeone or Bielsa more experienced players have been important for them. A player like Gallas wasn't just a "motivational leader" he was also a very good player who made others around him better. The importance of his ability was clear to see when he (as expected) got a bit worse after a while and was nowhere near as important for us.

Seeing us linked with Afellay again. He is going on a free this summer, but to be fair he's now 29 and doesn't strike me as a player Poch would be in for.

Seeing us linked with Afellay again. He is going on a free this summer, but to be fair he's now 29 and doesn't strike me as a player Poch would be in for.
I was watching him play the other day for Holland and although the overall team performance wasn't great he caught my eye. He was playing in a more central role and it suited him. I didn't realise he was 29.

Even if he's 29, if he can bring depth and experience and is free, I'd go for it. At least the downside risk would be minimal.

Has played 1 Dutch game for every 4 club games he has played. I remember Anderton having an amazing ability to fit come Intl duty too

It has been a long time since we get linked to a big-name player. It seems the media have gave up speculating on our transfer dealings nowdays. Remember the days when we would get linked to all the big-name players in the world.

Yeah, read that. Someone on a different site said that he is already signed on a pre-contract.

Back