• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Couple of months left of the season and the Llorente links have already started:

Seems like he might be leaving Juve. Not quite first choice and they're being linked to player like Dybala. Was signed on a free by them and he's 30 so shouldn't be too expensive. Worked really well under Bielsa at Bilbao, so could be a decent fit under Poch too.

Think he could be a great signing. Would give us another target man option, but tidy on the ball. Brings a lot of experience.

Couple of months left of the season and the Llorente links have already started:

Seems like he might be leaving Juve. Not quite first choice and they're being linked to player like Dybala. Was signed on a free by them and he's 30 so shouldn't be too expensive. Worked really well under Bielsa at Bilbao, so could be a decent fit under Poch too.

Think he could be a great signing. Would give us another target man option, but tidy on the ball. Brings a lot of experience.

Llorente to add to the other Spanish strikers that didnt quite deliver in the PL in Morientes, Torres(Chelski), Soldado, Negredo?

Not for me as he has a worse first touch then Lukaku and that is saying something.

That bad?

Haven't seen him much since his good season at Bilbao under Bielsa, certainly didn't notice that then. But if his first touch really is that bad then he's not a good option.

Llorente to add to the other Spanish strikers that didnt quite deliver in the PL in Morientes, Torres(Chelski), Soldado, Negredo?

That kind of reasoning never made sense to me.

That bad?

Haven't seen him much since his good season at Bilbao under Bielsa, certainly didn't notice that then. But if his first touch really is that bad then he's not a good option.

That kind of reasoning never made sense to me.
just pointing out a little pattern :)

That bad?

I have never been that impressed, he is a big unit and good in the air but on the ground he is a lot like Crouch ( brick). Plus he is 30 now.

Speaking of Newsnow:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/566736/Tottenham-triple-swoop-transfer-news

We are apparently eyeing up 3 players from Portugal, all of whom would fit in the positions just behind Kane.

Talisca: 21 year old attacking midfielder at Benfica. Quite a big lad but has great technique. Mourinho is a big fan it seems.
Salvio: 24 year old attacking mifielder also at Benfica. More of a tricky winger, has two decent feet, but also knows where the net is. RWF, Liverpool are also interested.
Rafa Silva: 21 year old, winger at Braga. This guy is more winger than goal scorer from the footage I have seen, but looks comfortable off either flank.

I can't claim to know much about these guys other than what has been written above. One thing is evident though, these lads all have pace and either one of Salvio and Silva could oust both Lamela and Townsend from the squad. Rafa Silva was linked with us in the January transfer window and does look like the most attainable (and thus the most likely). Salvio has a big release clause so looks unlikely.

Read some time ago we've been looking at Marcelo Brozović. Croatian midfielder with a thunderous shot. 22 years old and a regular player in the national team alongside Modric and Rakitic. Fits our style. Hard working, technical and physically strong player. Don't think he'd be too expensive either. Would not mind getting him.

Edit: He just scored with another beautiful long range shot vs Norway in Euro Quali.

Last edited:
Read some time ago we've been looking at Marcelo Brozović. Croatian midfielder with a thunderous shot. 22 years old and a regular player in the national team alongside Modric and Rakitic. Fits our style. Hard working, technical and physically strong player. Don't think he'd be too expensive either. Would not mind getting him.

Edit: He just scored with another beautiful long range shot vs Norway in Euro Quali.
Edit agian: Yet another curling long shot. First on with his right foot, this one with his left.

He moved to Inter in january.

He moved to Inter in january.
Really? Didn't know that. That's a shame.... The Tv production listed his club as Dinamo, and Dinamo also popped up when I searched him. I think I saw the connetion with us before the transfer window, and I remembered it when I saw his name on the team sheet. Looks like a very good player though.

a bit of topic, but a link on that page led to this that cracked me up :)

A praying mantis can jump. Crouch managed to be over 6ft standing and under 5ft in the air. Paul Griffin notes: "As Dulwich fans, every time we saw him somewhere else – especially Villa – where they'd pump balls into him from the air, we'd say 'No, no, he's no good in the air.'"

Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...nd-200ft-chicken-7th-tier#xOBF7Mvlmt3H49zu.99

Back