• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

I have some question marks about the Toby Alderwiereld 'come and get me' plea/transfer rumour:

1) is he another Lovren, in that he looks good because he is next to the REAL main man in Jose Fonte?

2) Why are Atletico and Simeone prepared to let him leave? They are a team that value good rugged defenders. I assume he is one of the younger CBs on their books so why are they seemingly prepared to let him go and for not much profit on their part?

3) How silly must he be to actually come out with these quotes at this team when the chase for a CL/EL place is very much on for his current team and we (the club he seemingly wants to join) is a bitter rival in that chase (esp the recent histrot between us with Poch and the Schneiderlin deal block)?

Mustafi is a good prospect, solid looking, my only concern is we've seen a variety of La Liga defenders look good over there and come over here and struggle, because the play is so different. Feghouli isn't always a regular starter for Valencia, so a deal might be easier to do. He's a decent player, not earth-shatteringly brilliant. Not sure he'd be better than Townsend or Lamela 2bh.

I have some question marks about the Toby Alderwiereld 'come and get me' plea/transfer rumour:

Would Feghouli be a good fit for the role Mason is currently playing for us? Or has he primarily played in more advanced roles recently? I thought he looked very good a couple of years ago, tons of energy, skill on the ball, up and down the pitch. But haven't seen him at all since the World Cup.

1) is he another Lovren, in that he looks good because he is next to the REAL main man in Jose Fonte?

2) Why are Atletico and Simeone prepared to let him leave? They are a team that value good rugged defenders. I assume he is one of the younger CBs on their books so why are they seemingly prepared to let him go and for not much profit on their part?

3) How silly must he be to actually come out with these quotes at this team when the chase for a CL/EL place is very much on for his current team and we (the club he seemingly wants to join) is a bitter rival in that chase (esp the recent histrot between us with Poch and the Schneiderlin deal block)?

1. No idea. I think he's at least good, but not sure he's great or a significant upgrade on what we already have. Replacement/upgrade on Kaboul&Vlad giving us a 4th CB option with a bit more experience than someone like Wimmer, if he's cheap-ish. Might not be a bad deal.

2. Godin and Miranda have looked excellent for them (at least last season). They're 29 and 30 so still have some years left. They have a very highly rated young centre back in Jose Gimenez who is only 20. I imagine they want to develop him and thus he's at worst their current first backup, sometimes even getting in the starting line-up with everyone fit. IIRC Alderweireld was primarily used as a full back for them last season and definitely a bit of a squad player more than anything.

3. Yeah, bit strange for sure. Cutting his options, but I suppose if he doesn't want to stay at Southampton it's not a big loss for him.

(1) Well from what I have seen of him he is much better then Lovren ( who I have never rated).

(2) No idea

(3) Very silly I guess

I remember when we were linked with Alderwiereld a while back, lots of posters were getting excited because he was rated highly but then some ITK said our scouts passed on him because we had concerns about his defending, something like he gets turned too easily of something. It was hard to believe but after that the links to him pretty much stopped. I don't watch Southampton enough to know if that's true. Seems to be playing well this season.

I remember when we were linked with Alderwiereld a while back, lots of posters were getting excited because he was rated highly but then some ITK said our scouts passed on him because we had concerns about his defending, something like he gets turned too easily of something. It was hard to believe but after that the links to him pretty much stopped. I don't watch Southampton enough to know if that's true. Seems to be playing well this season.

Yeah but the scout that recommended him to Southampton is now our head of player analysis or whatever he's called.

Not seen it anywhere on here yet so:

Spurs linked with a return for Masacchio. Apparently Spurs had scouts at Villareal's most recent game and the word is that they were watching him.

Back