1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

General Transfer Rumour Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Transfer Archives' started by Sandman, 17 Mar 2015.

1. Sandman

Sandman Sergei Rebrov

really hoping we do most of our business early this summer. Would make a nice change. That and an early kit release :)

2. mattls

mattls Stephane Dalmat

I'd love to see Toby Alderweireld join us and play with Vertonghan. They've played together for Beligum and already have an understanding and Southampton have had a good defensive record this season all points to me to a very good buy for us. Id then ship out Kaboul, Vlad, and then probably Fazio. Dont see why we have to keep buying unheard of talent when someone like Alderweireld fits the job, we need some established players surely and winning mentally? http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ners-following-loan-spell-at-Southampton.html

glasgowspur likes this.
  3. parklane1

parklane1 Andy Thompson

They have also played together at Ajax, he is a good player and I hope we sign him.

4. Rorschach

Rorschach Erik Thorstvedt

Tottenham target Toby Alderweireld hoping to join north Londoners following loan spell at Southampton
    Alderweireld already knows Vertonghen well, having played with him for Ajax and for the Belgium national team.

“I would like to play with Jan Vertonghen again,” said Alderweireld. “But a transfer will be arranged later, not now. Atlético will decide my future, but I would like to stay in the Premier League. That some of the big clubs show interest proves I’m doing well.”

5. 90291Spur

90291Spur Nick Barmby

But Jan is Dutch!:eek:

6. El Guepardo

El Guepardo Steffen Iversen

Another defender who is weak in the air...oh joy

7. Raziel

Raziel Steve Carr

wow .. come get me plea

8. Cochise

Cochise Michael Carrick

I remember a while back someone saying that this guy was the more dominant of the two at Ajax.

9. billyiddo

billyiddo Paul Stewart Staff Member

I didn't clock the quotes when i first read through the thread - that's as clear as you can get!

10. parklane1

parklane1 Andy Thompson

He is not as good with the ball at his feet as Jan is but he is better and stronger in the air.

11. Cochise

Cochise Michael Carrick

Yeah, but also dominant as in the commander of the back line. At least I'm sure I read that somewhere when Jan first signed.

12. parklane1

parklane1 Andy Thompson

Not seen enough of him to say either way to be honest, but I have seen enough to say that he would be a good addition for us at CB and he can also play RB well.

13. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Gerry Armstrong

He's got an awful fecking haircut.

14. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover Cecil Poynton

like your mum

nayenezgani and Cochise like this.
  15. nayenezgani

Only seen your mum's barnet from behind, and it too was fecking awful.

Danishfurniturelover likes this.
  16. nayenezgani

Tottenham are looking to seal a double deal for Valencia’s Sofiane Feghouli and Shkodran Mustafi, according to reports.

Spurs are looking to add star quality to their squad this summer and have been watching several of Valencia’s matches matches in recent weeks.

And now the Daily Star says it’s because Tottenham are looking to seal a double deal for play-maker Feghouli and defensive hardman Mustafi.

Feghouli, an Algerian international is set to cost £7million, while German powerhouse Mustafi would arrive for £9million.

Anyone know anything about these two exotic sounding lads?

It was posted by this shifty looking taco though, so pinch of salt and all that.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 25 Mar 2015
  17. Mumorn

Mumorn Vic Buckingham

Good player. Has been one of Southampton's best players this year and we all know how good they've been defensively. They struggled when he was out injured.

18. WestBerkshire

WestBerkshire Noé Pamarot

One lucky team whoever signs both of them in summer

19. AdamB

AdamB Cecil Poynton

Only problem with this rumour is that if the rumour about the Austrian chap at Cologne being almost done and dusted is true, then surely we're not in the market for another CB? We'd have Vertonghen, Dier, Fazio and Wimmer (sp?) and cant see that we'd need a 5th (I'm assuming Velkjovic is loaned out and Kaboul and Chiriches leave)

20. NWND

NWND Banned

Mustafi is a good prospect, solid looking, my only concern is we've seen a variety of La Liga defenders look good over there and come over here and struggle, because the play is so different. Feghouli isn't always a regular starter for Valencia, so a deal might be easier to do. He's a decent player, not earth-shatteringly brilliant. Not sure he'd be better than Townsend or Lamela 2bh.