• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gazza

Firstly i love gazza really love the guy and hope he gets better he is an absolute legend. When we played everton and he was playing for them he came over to take a corner and everyone in the stand got up and was clapping him and i had tears in my eyes. He knew you could tell that the was a lot of love for him in the stadium, i wish that was enough for him but clearly he needs more.

I can understand some of his issues though his are not mine or vice versa. But from some knowledge of the subject, my wife works at ford open prison on the drugs rehab side of things. I know that although it seems barbic to us now they are having a lot of success with electric shock therapy. Sounds pretty unpleasant but is getting results in changing peoples though patterns.

Hope he gets some sort of peace of mind, he really needs to find his place in the world.

Hope the big guy pulls through.. prayers are with you. [-o<

Also, its weird to say this but I hope also its not an over reaction by a redtop to sell papers, but then again I do.

Football legend Gazza 'close to death'

ENGLAND legend Paul Gascoigne is close to death after suffering a catastrophic reaction to alcohol withdrawal, we can reveal.
The ailing footie superstar is in intensive care after his organs began to shut down hours after arriving at the Meadows Rehabilitation Centre in Phoenix, Arizona.

A source close to the star said: “Gazza’s in a bad way, he’s much worse than he was and desperately needs help.

“He’s had really bad withdrawal symptoms relating to not drinking since arriving at the clinic.
“His internal organs are shutting down and he’s in intensive care, it’s a potentially life threatening situation.
“If he doesn’t receive the best treatment from doctors he could die.”
The source said Gazza, who is potless after years of alcohol abuse, could be turfed out of the US hospital if he can’t foot the bill.
“Gazza’s got no money to pay for the treatment and health care in the US is very expensive,” the source said.
“Gazza needs people to step in to raise the money for him, his life depends on it.”

Celebrity friends of the frail hero had already raised £25,000 to pay for a stint in rehab.
Broadcaster Chris Evans was among pals shocked by Gazza's grim appearance and increasingly bizarre behaviour.
Evans - who enjoyed hellraising nights with Gazza in the '90s - contacted former Spurs striker Gary Lineker, TV's Piers Morgan and ex-England cricketer Ronnie Irani, among others.
Between them they raised enough to cover the cost of Gazza’s £7,500 a week stay at the Meadows, while British Airways stumped up the cash for first class flights to the US.

Last week the trembling star was snapped supping a final pint of lager before checking in at The Meadows.
A shocked witness told how the desperate legend ordered the pint the moment a minder left him briefly alone in a US airport bar.
Moments later his pal returned, grabbed the beer, and hauled Gazza out of the boozer.
The former footie ace was shaking uncontrollably as he stepped off the 11-hour BA flight from London.
Gazza hugged a uniformed airport worker before his friend sat him in a chair in the Chelsea bar and restaurant.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...o-death-The-Sun-can-reveal.html#ixzz2KRsUiIG9

Also, am I the only one who gets annoyed every time some jackass says "if only he'd gone to utd and had Sir Alex looking after him" As if it was Spurs that made him the way he is or that Fergie has some sort of miracle cure for Alcoholism?

It's hard to get any alcohol with Fergie around.

Hugely re-assuring that his condition is not, according to Gary Mabbutt, life-threatening.

Get well Gazza, keep faith, keep trying to pull through, we love you and we owe you for what you did for our club.

He was at the Lane for the Everton game and got a good reception from the fans.

He ain't right in the head but that is no excuse for bad behaviour. A lot of people/players have mental problems but it is still a touchy subject.

Many forget about broken arms and cuts but remember vividly small verbal slights.

I have no sympathy for him. Drunk or not, you don't beat up women. If hadn't been such a great footballing talent people wouldn't be anywhere near as sympathetic towards him.

Once you're an alcoholic, you're always an alcoholic. Even doctors will tell you not to go stonecold sober as it's detrimental to your health. How do you handle such things? You can't give up, you have to take it slowly??

It's no longer how you feel after a drink - you're drunk - you're drunk, big deal. I honestly think there is a gene that differentiates between the addicts and those that can be sensible.

He was a fantastic footballer, and still just 46 years old. I would be surprised if he made it to 50, sad isn't it?

Once you're an alcoholic, you're always an alcoholic. Even doctors will tell you not to go stonecold sober as it's detrimental to your health. How do you handle such things? You can't give up, you have to take it slowly??

It's no longer how you feel after a drink - you're drunk - you're drunk, big deal. I honestly think there is a gene that differentiates between the addicts and those that can be sensible.

Jimmy Greaves has managed to beat alcoholism for 35 years but every day is still a struggle to him. The problem is that Gazza cant manage 35 weeks let alone years. It breaks my heart as we are watching my boyhood idol die before our eyes. He wont make christmas.

Greavsie summed it up perfectly in this interview -

"So, if you want a dose of reality, let me give you one. There is no recovery from alcoholism. You can recover from a heart attack. You can cure cancer and mend broken bones.

But alcoholism is an incredibly complex mental illness which never leaves you. It doesn’t matter that I’ve not had a drink for 34 years. For me, it’s still about not having one today.

You always have to be acutely aware of it. That mental process is like having to screw on a wooden leg every morning. You’d rather not have a wooden leg but without it you know you will fall in a heap.

When you are down, when you are lonely, that is when you want a drink the most.

And Paul Gascoigne is a very lonely man. That is the heart of the problem."

Jimmy Greaves has managed to beat alcoholism for 35 years but every day is still a struggle to him. The problem is that Gazza cant manage 35 weeks let alone years. It breaks my heart as we are watching my boyhood idol die before our eyes. He wont make christmas.

Greavsie summed it up perfectly in this interview -

"So, if you want a dose of reality, let me give you one. There is no recovery from alcoholism. You can recover from a heart attack. You can cure cancer and mend broken bones.

But alcoholism is an incredibly complex mental illness which never leaves you. It doesn’t matter that I’ve not had a drink for 34 years. For me, it’s still about not having one today.

You always have to be acutely aware of it. That mental process is like having to screw on a wooden leg every morning. You’d rather not have a wooden leg but without it you know you will fall in a heap.

When you are down, when you are lonely, that is when you want a drink the most.

And Paul Gascoigne is a very lonely man. That is the heart of the problem."

Brilliantly put. Gazza also has some mental health issues which don't help him one bit.

I have no sympathy for him. Drunk or not, you don't beat up women. If hadn't been such a great footballing talent people wouldn't be anywhere near as sympathetic towards him.

Only women or men as well?

If gazza has broken a law i trust the police to charge him. He is one of my all time favourites but deeply flawed. I doubt he would attack anyone if it was not for his disease and that is the greatest sadness that a decent man has become so corrupted by his disease he behaves in such a poor manner.

Love him but i sadly feel he will only get his peace in death.

In all honesty, to me it won't be a sad day when he dies. The guy has done it to himself at the end of the day. He's drinking himself to death, beats up women etc. why should I feel sympathy for him, even when he dies? fudge that.

Great player yeah

If gazza has broken a law i trust the police to charge him. He is one of my all time favourites but deeply flawed. I doubt he would attack anyone if it was not for his disease and that is the greatest sadness that a decent man has become so corrupted by his disease he behaves in such a poor manner.

Another post I find very hard to disagree with in any way. In fact, I think you've nailed it with the last sentence, as tragic as it is to read and consider. he has received so much help to no avail at this point, that he is clearly missing the synapse to connect dots for himself...

same should be said for VdV i guess

there was a poster on here recently who claimed to be his best mate but he doesn't seem to be around anymore - would be interesting to hear what he had to say from the inside.

Gazza now missing after being discharged from hospital on Tuesday. Such a sad story this is turning into. Lets hope he is all right and somehow manages to beat his illness, but things are certainly not looking good.

Paul Gascoigne: Fears for missing football idol after not being seen for three days

Gazza was picked up by an ambulance and is thought to have been treated at hospital before being dis**charged on Tuesday

Fears were last night growing for football idol Paul Gascoigne after it emerged he had gone off the radar since collapsing drunk in the street on Monday.

Gazza was picked up by an ambulance and is thought to have been treated at a London hospital before being dis**charged on Tuesday.

The 46-year-old star has not contacted family, friends or his agent and has not been seen in public since.

His worried spokesman said: “We have been trying to get in touch with Paul for the past few days.

“We are trying friends like his former team-mate Gary Mabbutt and Jimmy Gardner but without success.”

Gazza’s nephew Jay Ker**rigan, 19, confirmed that his family back on Tyneside had not heard from him.

Ronnie Irani, the cricketer who helped pay for Gazza’s last rehab, has not heard from him this week either.

Ronnie said: “He needs to get some expert help.”

Was going to say...

Back