• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fredy Guarín

Older than both Dembele and Sandro. Not as good as either of them. Not a creative midfielder we need.

Don't understand why we've gone in for him but I believe AVB has worked with him before and I guess he knows what he's capable of.

Yeah he used to be unreal in FM05.

69qadi.jpg

Not necessarily a holding midfielder, AVB used him to bomb forward, was a key player for him.

Not necessarily a holding midfielder, AVB used him to bomb forward, was a key player for him.

Which is a key point really. He was highly successful in a previous team for our manager. If we're trying to move towards playing in a similar way, he would liely be somebody useful to have around.

Though possibly not at 17m.

Which is a key point really. He was highly successful in a previous team for our manager. If we're trying to move towards playing in a similar way, he would liely be somebody useful to have around.

Though possibly not at 17m.

I agree. If we go for him I would feel quite confident that AVB knows what he's doing.

That's a lot of money as you say though...

As a Porto player Guarin had many of the same qualities as Dembele,
just a better and cooler finisher.
If AVB sign Guarin and opt to copy his game play from Porto,
then Guarin isn't replacing Dembele, he'd take Bale's position, with Bale himself playing wide right cuttin in (like Hulk did, and Bale was succesful with towards the end of our season).
I'd love for us to sign Guarin, but I'm also unsure about the price mentioned.

Draw your soccer tactics with this11.com

The Spurs Show ‏@spursshow 1m
Some Twitter gossip saying Fredy Guerin is on his way. Hope it's true he would give us more creativity in midfield

Like his passion and athleticism.

If the rumors are true- which they probably aren't - then AVB will feel he can get the most from this cool cat. He knows him well and AVB seems to get the best from slightly shy powerful footballers! If we do sign him, and retain Bale, will we need to score from within the box ever?

Like his passion and athleticism.

If the rumors are true- which they probably aren't - then AVB will feel he can get the most from this cool cat. He knows him well and AVB seems to get the best from slightly shy powerful footballers! If we do sign him, and retain Bale, will we need to score from within the box ever?

Considering that he's scored 4 goals in 26 league starts for Inter this season I would say... yes!

If we are signing him I'm guessing it's not primarily for his goalscoring ability.

He's much too similar to Dembele for me - we don't need another box-to-boxer whose best qualities are physical when we still don't have a real playmaker with super passing+vision yet, in either the deeplying or attacking sense. If he were young and dirt cheap then he's fine as cover/competition, since Dembele has appeared kinda injury-prone so far, but the problem is Guarin is 26 and certainly won't come cheap in wages. We have other priorities to cover first.

I'm hoping this is just because of the Porto link.

He's much too similar to Dembele for me - we don't need another box-to-boxer whose best qualities are physical when we still don't have a real playmaker with super passing+vision yet, in either the deeplying or attacking sense. If he were young and dirt cheap then he's fine as cover/competition, since Dembele has appeared kinda injury-prone so far, but the problem is Guarin is 26 and certainly won't come cheap in wages. We have other priorities to cover first.

I'm hoping this is just because of the Porto link.
=D>=D>=D>

Back