• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Formula One on Sky

Great qualifying from Lotus and Raikkonen, petty about the 5 place drop.

And how poor are Ferrari looking yet again!
Cor you're blinkered. Where's the well done for Grosjean as well! Not to mention his brilliant start today and good pace before he dinged Schumacher and then stuffed it... Bad car my arse, Lotus will be racing all season with any driver. It's a decent package IMO.

Cor you're blinkered. Where's the well done for Grosjean as well! Not to mention his brilliant start today and good pace before he dinged Schumacher and then stuffed it... Bad car my arse, Lotus will be racing all season with any driver. It's a decent package IMO.

Errrr..., I support Raikkonen the same way I support Spurs and care little about the other PL teams except for games/results which affect us directly.

Raikkonen out-qualified Grosjean and completely destroyed Q2 so I'll save my plaudits for him. He also finished 5th today in a car which is top half material at best. Also set the second fastest lap time during the race, iirc.

The car is nowhere near the Mclaren / Red Bull package but both drivers have done well to keep them competitive so far and finished above Mercedes and one of the Red Bull cars. So - within their context it was a good drive. Grosjean made a mistake and crashed his car - so no sympathy from me

Narf. I can't wait for Raikonnen to admit it's a good car. The team locked out the third row and they are showing plenty of race pace. It's a good car.

So second race in, what does everybody think?

Bad decisions (Button) and bad pit stops (Lewis) aside, Maclaren look to be dominating a bit, certainly they have the pace at the start of a race, though the car seems to slow up as the race progresses. They have a sizeable lead, mechanically, on Redbull atm though.

For me, I still think Alonso will keep dragging that Farrari around, with Massa doing his best to act the shrinking violet. Williams I'm not sure about, I don't think they'll do much this season actually (maybe a bit unfair seeing as Senna had a good race), so I reckon the interesting teams will be Sauber and Lotus. Those two will be having scraps all season imo. Mercedes are weird, they seem to go backwards in race conditions, so let's wait and see.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Grosjean though. If Raikkonen is Iceman... then Grosjean is Maverick, he's dangerous. Might have a good result if he keeps his car on the track.

Iceman won in the end. Maverick folded and left.

Ferrari should sort their car out by the time they return to Europe so Alonso would always be a dark horse for a podium finish, imv. Wouldn't also be surprised if Massa is replaced before the end of the season. Shockorama once again.

So second race in, what does everybody think?

Bad decisions (Button) and bad pit stops (Lewis) aside, Maclaren look to be dominating a bit, certainly they have the pace at the start of a race, though the car seems to slow up as the race progresses. They have a sizeable lead, mechanically, on Redbull atm though.

For me, I still think Alonso will keep dragging that Farrari around, with Massa doing his best to act the shrinking violet. Williams I'm not sure about, I don't think they'll do much this season actually (maybe a bit unfair seeing as Senna had a good race), so I reckon the interesting teams will be Sauber and Lotus. Those two will be having scraps all season imo. Mercedes are weird, they seem to go backwards in race conditions, so let's wait and see.

I'm looking forward to seeing more of Grosjean though. If Raikkonen is Iceman... then Grosjean is Maverick, he's dangerous. Might have a good result if he keeps his car on the track.

McLaren are doing what they've always done - they've built the best simple car. Every time a rule brings F1 back to 'basics' with good aero and solid mechanical grip, McLaren get an advantage. What they're not so good at is the 'tricks' that make a car go faster, like blown diffusers, etc. I was amazed when they got the steal on everyone with the F duct, that's more the domain of Newey and Brawn.

That Ferrari is just awful, and in response to Arcy - I'd be very surprised if they have a decent package before Europe. That car doesn't need some tweaking or new aero parts, it needs redesigning from the ground up - by the time they've done that, everyone else will have come up with new extra bits and Ferrari will have to catch up again. I really do wonder how Massa gets paid to drive an F1 car - is he F1's Heskey? I suspect Perez will replace him before the season's out.

Mercedes are just really quick in a straight line. They didn't get much of an advantage at Sepang as it's such a high-speed track and everyone's running low downforce. It wouldn't surprise me if they got a couple of wins this season though given the right track - you just can't get past that car if it's being driven well, and Schumacher is the expert at making his car the width of the track.

Hamilton suffers from the same affliction as Murray. He's a brit who's actually at the top of his sport, so naturally the British people don't like him because he's not the underdog

No, not the same at all... the English don't like Murray because he is essentially a jock, and a bottler, and is essentially dull! Hamilton is disliked because he lacks humility... he never seems to admit he made a mistake, it's always someone else's fault blah, blah, blah. Button is at the top of his game, but comes over as a nicec bloke, what's not to like about him?

No, not the same at all... the English don't like Murray because he is essentially a jock, and a bottler, and is essentially dull! Hamilton is disliked because he lacks humility... he never seems to admit he made a mistake, it's always someone else's fault blah, blah, blah. Button is at the top of his game, but comes over as a nicec bloke, what's not to like about him?

I think that's about right. Lewis made a massive mistake firing his dad as manager and made nothing but bad decisions on track and in the media in the void that opened in front of him afterwards. He's back on track now though and the "Why Me?" attitude is out the window.

I'll see about getting some real ITK for the fans of Mercedes... going to a party at my mate's house this weekend who is v. close to the action. Does anyone have any special requests re Mercedes then?

That Ferrari is just awful, and in response to Arcy - I'd be very surprised if they have a decent package before Europe. That car doesn't need some tweaking or new aero parts, it needs redesigning from the ground up - by the time they've done that, everyone else will have come up with new extra bits and Ferrari will have to catch up again. I really do wonder how Massa gets paid to drive an F1 car - is he F1's Heskey? I suspect Perez will replace him before the season's out.

I think they might scrape something together by then - at least something capable of not ruining its tyres within 10 laps. With such substantial resources it really baffles the mind how and where it's gone so wrong for them.

I think their main issue is the suspension atm.

HRT are getting in peoples way, but for a top driver to call a peer an idiot, especially when it was possibly his own fault, completely lacks class. Karthikeyan is a poor driver though. Positionally it may have been his "right" to drive defensively against Button as well as he was in 10th and unlapped, but that was only due to pit stops and he should have gotten out of the way. Too heavy on the breaks and Button goes into the back of him. Button's fault 100% but it was his lack of skill that led to the crash happening.

If he carries on driving the way he does, this won't be the last time it happens this season. Despite both crashes being the fault of the better driver he needs to learn to get his car out of the way of the proper race.

Back