• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Formula One on Sky

philspursuk

Sean Davis
Buzzing for the start of the new season this weekend. Does anyone know if I can watch it on SKY if I have Sky Sports package but not Sky HD ??

I'm thinking yes..................

Heard an advert last night in the car that you can listen to it live on BBC Radio 5 Live, I couldn' think of anything worse than that, well maybe snooker..

I truly hope there is a bit more intrigue compared to past seasons now that Vettel is doing his best impersonation of Michael 'I've won the title at Magny Cours already' Schumacher. High time for Ferrari to sort out their car, mind you

Would love to see how Raikkonen copes back in terms of fitness as well as actual competitivness. One of my favourite drivers over the last decade although I feel he tinkled most of his opportunities away for one reason or another.

Sad also to see Turkey drop off the calendar (went last year - it was fantastic) although attendance figures have been shocking for years now (inexplicably so). Last year they had entire stands closed off due to lack of numbers. At least there is a new track to look forward to.

Last edited:
Buzzing for the start of the new season this weekend. Does anyone know if I can watch it on SKY if I have Sky Sports package but not Sky HD ??

Heard an advert last night in the car that you can listen to it live on BBC Radio 5 Live, I couldn' think of anything worse than that, well maybe snooker..

All Sky Sports subscribers get it I think

Would love to see how Raikkonen copes back in terms of fitness as well as actual competitivness. One of my favourite drivers over the last decade although I feel he tinkled most of his opportunities away for one reason or another.

How anyone can rate Raikkonen as their favourite driver is beyond me tbh. Not only is he a boring driver, he's a boring person on camera. He might not be off it but he's a dreary **** of the highest order when he's on a TV set.

I like Vettel, I think he's a great driver and a good character for racing. With his absolute dominance over Webber (which I love as I think Webber is an ungracious, arrogant prick) there is no doubting that he is a great driver. He has proven that he can win a race when he isn't on pole and has to drive and, really, it is down to the manufacturers to put up a challange to Redbull. I like to see him having to race.

Personally I like most drivers. Obviously the Brits, Petrov, Rosburg, Massa, Alonso (despite his meltdown with Hamilton), Trulli, Sutil (who is an incredibly unlucky driver who seems to have any glory moment ruined by racing incidents... especially that dingdonghead Raikkonen destroying his car in Monaco) and, of course, any driver from Japan as they are driving comedy personified (though Kobayashi actually looks a real driver). Sato, bless him, wasn't half as wreckless as some people liked to make out and was a joy to watch when he got in the spirit of the thing.

But Raikkonen? We'll have to agree to disagree, he can stick to rally as far as I'm concerned.

How anyone can rate Raikkonen as their favourite driver is beyond me tbh. Not only is he a boring driver, he's a boring person on camera. He might not be off it but he's a dreary **** of the highest order when he's on a TV set.

But Raikkonen? We'll have to agree to disagree, he can stick to rally as far as I'm concerned.

He has never been a 'boring' driver so not sure how you've come to that conclusion tbh. Always pushed his car to its limits (often to his detriment granted) and did some phenomenal overtakings. Recently held the record for most fastest laps, iirc. Started off great in his McLaren days and drove some fantastic races. That last lap overtake on R134 at Suzuka, on the outside against Fisichella was one of the greatest F1 moments I've seen since the early 90s.

Vettel on the other hand has had a superior car and simply let his onboard computers do the rest having all the reliability in the world - something Kimi never really had. He's never been under pressure over the last 2season. Raikkonen was always the underdog catching up in a bricker car against Ferrari or Renault. And still did so admirably in most occasions. Went to Ferrari, achieved his goal and then regressed, imv. Suggests he was only after that 1 championship title which is a great waste of talent, imv.

If anything - I'd say Vettel is the more boring driver at the moment. Hamilton and Weber at least are far more prone to an attacking move (often a foolish one too) instead of driving along like a fudging granny

Doesn't say much in front of the camera, granted but has some great one-liners over the years. I think you might be confusing his perceived boring character on TV with his driving. He also appears to be a bit of an alchie. :D

Last edited:
Reporter: Kimi, how would you comment on your 5th qualifying position?

Kimi: There are 4 cars in front of me

Reporter: You missed the presentation with Pele

Kimi: I was taking a brick

Reporter: What advice would you give to the rookies Nico Rosberg and Scott Speed?

Kimi: I hope that they are good in giving way.

Last edited:
He has never been a 'boring' driver so not sure how you've come to that conclusion tbh. Always pushed his car to its limits (often to his detriment granted) and did some phenomenal overtakings. Recently held the record for most fastest laps, iirc. Started off great in his McLaren days and drove some fantastic races. That last lap overtake on R134 at Suzuka, one the outside against Fisichella was one of the greatest F1 moments I've seen since the early 90s.

Vettel on the other hand has had a superior car and simply let his onboard computers do the rest having all the reliability in the world - something Kimi never really had. He's never been under pressure over the last 2season. Raikkonen was always the underdog catching up in a bricker car against Ferrari or Renault. And still did so admirably in most occasions. Went to Ferrari, achieved his goal and then regressed, imv. Suggests he was only after that 1 championship title which is a great waste of talent, imv

Doesn't say much in front of the camera but has some great one-liners over the years. I think you might be confusing his perceived boring character on TV with his driving. He also appears to be a bit of an alchie. :D

I'm not confusing anything mate. I guess it's like football, people see completely different games. Personally, I think his career has been largely made up of uninspired driving which does not hold a great amount of maneuvers such as Suzuka and he isn't anywhere near as exciting to watch as either Hamilton or Alonso coming from the back or in a scrap. He lacks the flair of either of those two drivers.

As for Vettel. He's an incredibly easy target as generally speaking he doesn't ever need to race. But in the few times that he has, he has not been found wanting and I'm looking forward to him having a lesser car. All you can do is compare him to his peers and at the moment that is Webber... He has absolutely tinkled on Webber.

Back to Raikkonen, if I'd seen him acting the clown more times on camera I'd probably have warmed to him more, but I don't like his driving, and don't think much of him. Dry one-liners to make an interviewer look stupid don't change my opinion on that really.

Couldn't disagree more with you as far as his driving style is concerned compared to Hamilton and Alonso but I guess we're both seeing different things

Couldn't disagree more with you as far as his driving style is concerned compared to Hamilton and Alonso but I guess we're both seeing different things

It's what keeps the world interesting ;)

On a side note, I love the fact that the world is wising up to what a disgusting driver and character "Schumie" really is, now he's in an inferior car. Trying to drive Barrichello into the wall was probably the most dispicable evidence of how far he'll go to get ahead and it's completely indefensible when he's doing it for points (not that it would have been if he was at the head of the pack, but you know what I mean).

Should have never come back and retired on a high.

He was still great in the 2011 ROC when the cars were 'equal' :D

How long until they do away with quali and have the drivers start in reverse championship order?

I would pay a lot of money to watch that.

They should introduce water sprinklers at races and have them on at random times

Bernie to hold a remote control in his pocket, pressing the button secretely with an eveil laugh

I love F1, but I think the last two seasons and been fudging boring, and the rule changes have been so silly, hopefully the new season will be exciting as 07 or 08!

Vettel aside, F1 is much more interesting than it was early 00s. That period was an absolute drearfest. It's always sort of been there. I remember watching GPs where the only interesting part of the race would be seeing how far up the grid Senna, Prost or Mansell could lap people.

The real doldrums were definitely when Ferrari dominated through engineering in the early 00s though imo and it'd be terrible if Redbull recreated that.

Yes - channel 408 I believe.

Back